Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
debramommyof4
Very Crazy Day
July 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM

We did school, I forgot to do lit with my oldest 2.  We set up the Bearded Dragon 130 gallon tank up stairs. (Suprised the tank and my husband and I are alive.)  Set up the guinea pig cage.  Then I recieved a phone call from my dd7's certified teacher.

Apparently there was some drama and everyone (parents, teachers and children) have decided to leave the charter school and do I want to move also.  We decided to, since the only reason I let my 7 year old make this choice is I had used the teacher before when she did early enrollment kindergarten (I had not planned homeschooling to be permant at the time) and she knows my dd is a very fast learner and gave me free reign before to move as slow or as fast as I needed too.

She also gave me a list of what I ordered and I changed somethings.  So here is what we are using.  Please tell me if you think I have anything bad on there.

Math: Teaching Textbooks 3
Spelling: Spelling Workout B
Writing: Strategies for Writers B
Social Studies: Magic Tree House (I make lesson plans)
Science: Scott Foresman 2nd

Lit will be me making it up as I go.  We are using the Chronicles of Narnia, Where the Sidewalks Ends, Little House on the Prairie (series), and the Phantom Tollbooth.

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    July 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I <3 your lit books selections!!  Other than Magic treehouse, I haven't used anything else.

• Cafe MichelleP
    July 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM

The Phantom Tollbooth is a family favorite in our home, as is Where the Sidewalk Ends.

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Looks good to me!
  • debramommyof4
    July 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    I picked my own and took what my dd said she wanted to read and things I loved as a child, and made my own.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I <3 your lit books selections!!  Other than Magic treehouse, I haven't used anything else.

• debramommyof4
    July 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    I loved it when I was little we have not read it yet as a family. I really hope she loves it.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

The Phantom Tollbooth is a family favorite in our home, as is Where the Sidewalk Ends.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Looks like you have it all covered!

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Love you lit list as well!  We are also using Magic Tree House and Spelling Workout.  I like the looks of Spelling Workout.  Looks like you have everything covered!

• debramommyof4
    July 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I have been researching it.  I thought I had stuff picked out when I went but she suggested other stuff so we changed and I lost the paper I wrote it on.  So now I am researching again.  Spelling workout did look like it is a good program.  We have already started with The Little House in the Big Woods and school has not started.

Quoting kmath:

Love you lit list as well!  We are also using Magic Tree House and Spelling Workout.  I like the looks of Spelling Workout.  Looks like you have everything covered!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Looks good!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email