Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
debramommyof4
Very Crazy Day
July 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM

We did school, I forgot to do lit with my oldest 2.  We set up the Bearded Dragon 130 gallon tank up stairs. (Suprised the tank and my husband and I are alive.)  Set up the guinea pig cage.  Then I recieved a phone call from my dd7's certified teacher.

Apparently there was some drama and everyone (parents, teachers and children) have decided to leave the charter school and do I want to move also.  We decided to, since the only reason I let my 7 year old make this choice is I had used the teacher before when she did early enrollment kindergarten (I had not planned homeschooling to be permant at the time) and she knows my dd is a very fast learner and gave me free reign before to move as slow or as fast as I needed too.

She also gave me a list of what I ordered and I changed somethings.  So here is what we are using.  Please tell me if you think I have anything bad on there.

Math: Teaching Textbooks 3
Spelling: Spelling Workout B
Writing: Strategies for Writers B
Social Studies: Magic Tree House (I make lesson plans)
Science: Scott Foresman 2nd

Lit will be me making it up as I go.  We are using the Chronicles of Narnia, Where the Sidewalks Ends, Little House on the Prairie (series), and the Phantom Tollbooth.

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    July 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I <3 your lit books selections!!  Other than Magic treehouse, I haven't used anything else.

• Cafe MichelleP
    July 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM

The Phantom Tollbooth is a family favorite in our home, as is Where the Sidewalk Ends.

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Looks good to me!
  • debramommyof4
    July 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    I picked my own and took what my dd said she wanted to read and things I loved as a child, and made my own.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I <3 your lit books selections!!  Other than Magic treehouse, I haven't used anything else.

• debramommyof4
    July 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    I loved it when I was little we have not read it yet as a family. I really hope she loves it.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

The Phantom Tollbooth is a family favorite in our home, as is Where the Sidewalk Ends.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Looks like you have it all covered!

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Love you lit list as well!  We are also using Magic Tree House and Spelling Workout.  I like the looks of Spelling Workout.  Looks like you have everything covered!

• debramommyof4
    July 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I have been researching it.  I thought I had stuff picked out when I went but she suggested other stuff so we changed and I lost the paper I wrote it on.  So now I am researching again.  Spelling workout did look like it is a good program.  We have already started with The Little House in the Big Woods and school has not started.

Quoting kmath:

Love you lit list as well!  We are also using Magic Tree House and Spelling Workout.  I like the looks of Spelling Workout.  Looks like you have everything covered!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    Looks good!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts