Homeschooling Moms

TJandKarasMom
Classroom ideas...
July 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Some of these are really for a school classroom, but there are definitely some great ideas we could use in homeschooling too! I especially love the straw dispenser for pencils!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/clever-classroom-tips-for-elementary-school-teachers?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

Sorry it's not clicky, iPad doesn't do clicky :/

Replies

• debramommyof4
    July 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I actually like the activity cube idea.  And when my kids have a class in co-op or while I am teaching we can use these so the kids can get out energy but still be somewhat controled.

• TJandKarasMom
    July 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    I like the activity cube too! I need to make a list of all the things I want to prep, lol.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I actually like the activity cube idea.  And when my kids have a class in co-op or while I am teaching we can use these so the kids can get out energy but still be somewhat controled.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    July 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Come of.those were.cute..I like the pom pom on the dry erase idea...in the bucket it was cute!

While the crate.idea was cute, that would get expensive fast the crates I like are $5 each and at that cost I could buy a modular system.
  • TJandKarasMom
    July 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I agree, some of the things seemed like not the best use of funds, but some ideas were good!  I like the pom poms on the markers too.

Ugh, I need to figure out where and how to store all of our stuff.  I have yet to inform my MIL that we are homeschooling-we live with her, so while it doesn't affect her directly, if I want to use a "common area" of the house, she will see it.  I want to rearrange the dining room, but I have to get over my fears and tell her we are hsing before I go rearranging and adding furniture, lol. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Come of.those were.cute..I like the pom pom on the dry erase idea...in the bucket it was cute!

While the crate.idea was cute, that would get expensive fast the crates I like are $5 each and at that cost I could buy a modular system.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    July 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    I use the little plastic pencil boxes you get for 50c at back to school time for supplies. I mark the end and stack them on a bookshelf so it is easy to find what we need when we need it.

I have one each for...pens, pencils, erasers, blue, scissors, dry erase, colored pencils, markers, 3x5 cards, etc.

I used to do Gun Scouts and Girl Scouts so it made.it super easy to get ready each week...just grab the boxes I needed. They are all the same, just different colors so it doesn't look cluttered.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    July 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I use plastic, clear shoe boxes to help me.

• kirbymom
    July 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    These are some good ideas. I really like the pencil dispenser best. Glad you shared this. :)
  • MacMamaof5
    July 20, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I had to write down the "Reading Fair" idea.  Also, the painter's tape to use to practice their letters.  Thanx!

Homeschooling Moms