Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
Classroom ideas...
July 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Some of these are really for a school classroom, but there are definitely some great ideas we could use in homeschooling too! I especially love the straw dispenser for pencils!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/clever-classroom-tips-for-elementary-school-teachers?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

Sorry it's not clicky, iPad doesn't do clicky :/

Replies

• debramommyof4
    July 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I actually like the activity cube idea.  And when my kids have a class in co-op or while I am teaching we can use these so the kids can get out energy but still be somewhat controled.

• TJandKarasMom
    July 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    I like the activity cube too! I need to make a list of all the things I want to prep, lol.

Quoting debramommyof4:

I actually like the activity cube idea.  And when my kids have a class in co-op or while I am teaching we can use these so the kids can get out energy but still be somewhat controled.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    July 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Come of.those were.cute..I like the pom pom on the dry erase idea...in the bucket it was cute!

While the crate.idea was cute, that would get expensive fast the crates I like are $5 each and at that cost I could buy a modular system.
  • TJandKarasMom
    July 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I agree, some of the things seemed like not the best use of funds, but some ideas were good!  I like the pom poms on the markers too.

Ugh, I need to figure out where and how to store all of our stuff.  I have yet to inform my MIL that we are homeschooling-we live with her, so while it doesn't affect her directly, if I want to use a "common area" of the house, she will see it.  I want to rearrange the dining room, but I have to get over my fears and tell her we are hsing before I go rearranging and adding furniture, lol. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Come of.those were.cute..I like the pom pom on the dry erase idea...in the bucket it was cute!

While the crate.idea was cute, that would get expensive fast the crates I like are $5 each and at that cost I could buy a modular system.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    July 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
    I use the little plastic pencil boxes you get for 50c at back to school time for supplies. I mark the end and stack them on a bookshelf so it is easy to find what we need when we need it.

I have one each for...pens, pencils, erasers, blue, scissors, dry erase, colored pencils, markers, 3x5 cards, etc.

I used to do Gun Scouts and Girl Scouts so it made.it super easy to get ready each week...just grab the boxes I needed. They are all the same, just different colors so it doesn't look cluttered.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    July 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I use plastic, clear shoe boxes to help me.

• kirbymom
    July 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    These are some good ideas. I really like the pencil dispenser best. Glad you shared this. :)
  • MacMamaof5
    July 20, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I had to write down the "Reading Fair" idea.  Also, the painter's tape to use to practice their letters.  Thanx!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts