Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Do you have meals planned out?
by Boobah
July 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Care to share your weekly meal plan for this week?

Do you plan all meals, or just dinner?

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    I'm trying to get better at this. I used to be good at it, but 3 kids is hindering my desire to go grocery shopping. And cook. Lol
  • jwhit8791
    July 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM

We do a month at a time (just dinners).  Breakfast and lunch I just wing it.

W-crispy cheddar chicken, noodles, veggie

TH-shepherd's pie

S-Turkey burgers, fries, corn on the cob

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    Mmmmm Wednesday sounds great!

Quoting jwhit8791:

We do a month at a time (just dinners).  Breakfast and lunch I just wing it.

W-crispy cheddar chicken, noodles, veggie

TH-shepherd's pie

S-Turkey burgers, fries, corn on the cob

• jwhit8791
    July 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I do it without the sauce (although I have done it with also, but trying to keep the calorie intake down with this pregnancy) and still yummy!  We have it like twice a month.

• hipmomto3
    July 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I usually just plan dinners. I will include breakfasts and lunches if there is something unusual going on - like a special occasion, french toast breakfast for a birthday or father's day, or picnic foods for eating lunch with friends one day - so I have the right things on hand. Otherwise, just dinners. I used to try to do 2 weeks at a time but our produce went bad and we ran out of milk, and I had to go back to the store after a week anyway, so now I just do a week at a time.

This week:

Sunday - crock pot chicken curry, basmati rice, naan

Monday - parmesan crusted tilapia, homegrown green beans & potatoes (ice cream for dessert)

Tuesday - shrimp and (homegrown) tomato & garlic pasta, bread salad (with homegrown tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers)

Wednesday - grilled turkey burgers and chicken breasts

Thursday - roasted veggies, baked penne with mozzarella on top

Friday - we usually get pizza or make homemade pizza on Fridays & have movie night

Saturday - church potluck social, not sure what I'll bring yet (they provide burgers & hot dogs)

• SusanTheWriter
    July 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I try to plan a week's worth of dinners at a time. Sometimes, like this week, it doesn't work out too well.

Breakfast and lunch are whatever we have on hand.

Sunday I made a Cassoulet that actually fed us for 3 dinners.

Wed - I put a pork roast in the crockpot, so that'll probably turn into carnitas with rice and a veg.

Thu - leftovers.

I still don't have a plan for Fri-Sun. It's not been one of our more stellar weeks.

• coala
    by coala
    July 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I am typically a fly by the seat of my pants person for breakfast and lunch.  I meal plan approximately 20 dinners a month and then shop for those ingredients.  I have nothing for this week planned as we have been out of the house alot in the evening and I have been winging it.  I knew this week was going to be bad b/c of our schedule.

I will start to meal plan this weekend for the next 4 weeks.

With the addition of a new food allergy....that we didn't know existed in my youngest, meal planning has become more complicated as I have to scrutinize ALL ingredients and now add a new store to my route (this one isn't even close to home).

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM

i plan out meals for 2 weeks at a time

and its only dinner that i plan

heres one that i use ever other month and it just happens to be this weeks menu!
    Crab and Ricotta Cannelloni
    Fresh Green Salad w/ My Dressing

Strawberry Shortcake

Chili reanos

Spanish rice

Refried beans

Green salad

Fried Ice Cream

Chinese Chicken Salad

French bread
    Leftover desserts

Summer rolls

HomeMade choc. Ice cream

Kula Pig w/ potatoes, cabbage and carrots

Fresh green salad

Haipia pie

Left overs

Ribs marinated w/ brown sugar and Hawaiian salt

Green salad

Baked beans

Leftover dessert

• Katieatie
    July 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

M= Turkey spaghetti with garlic bread
    T= Chicken Tartines with sweet potato fries
    W- Chicken ceaser salad with baked potato
    TH- Sweet and Sour chicken with rice
    F= Chicken wings, celery,

We just got back from vacation so im just making quick easy things :) 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    July 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Nope, I should I think it would make things easier but I am the kind of person that wants to be in the mood for the food & not just eat from a list!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts