Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Boobah
Do you have a weekly rhythm?
by Boobah
July 17, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Do you do certain things on certain days? Like laundry on Thursday, baking on Monday, etc.

Replies

• jwhit8791
    July 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I am trying to follow Large Family Logistics style of setting up a home binder and that is what she does.  Still struggling to get it all down though.

My problem is if we leave the house for any reason. LOL 

• bluerooffarm
    July 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Oh I like the word rhythm!!  Yes we have a rhythm.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    Me too! It is recommended that you make an "errands" day to alleviate this, but I can never manage to make everything happen in one day. Lol

Quoting jwhit8791:

I am trying to follow Large Family Logistics style of setting up a home binder and that is what she does.  Still struggling to get it all down though.

My problem is if we leave the house for any reason. LOL 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Kind of but it isn't a written in stone that I have to do those things on those days only.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

yes on some things like baking is done on monday

errands on tuesday if i have any

friday is church cleanup

• mommy4lyf
    July 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    No but I clean regularly. Laundry depends on how much and how dirty. Sometimes hubby's brought field clothes so they are dirty and can't wait another day.
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    I did, but right now we have no rhythm.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    July 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

yes,  but only things that we have to be there for a certain time.  Our co-ops, classes, and karate class.  Everything else get fit in when we are home.  I clean and do laundry whenever we are home which is not that often.

• Britty1987
    July 17, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    Being a farming family makes it hard sometimes but I try to keep somewhat of a schedule so I don't try to do too much in one day lol this will be our 1st year adding homeschooling to the mix :)
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    July 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    I just try and keep my head above water and the house clean enough to make CPS happy...lmao!

Laundry tends to happen on Thursday or Friday, usually because that coincides with packing for over nighters or camping.

I never got into baking our own bread, so baking happens as needed not on a schedule.

I do most of my cleaning once the kids are in bed....that way it stays clean for a few hours!
    L

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN