Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Boobah
What subject do you feel the least confident teaching?
by Boobah
July 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Is there a subject where you feel like you just "have" to use a ore made curric and follow it because you don't feel you can do it on your own?

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Math is mine. I am getting better though.
  • bluerooffarm
    July 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Oh boy you guys are gonna love this one.....ART!  I hate art!  It's so bad that I have the boys pick 4 mediums and we buy books.  I follow them to the letter!

• mamamedic69
    July 17, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    Math!!! I was never very good at it.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    See, I LOVE art, but have a hard time "teaching it". I'm loving art with the Waldorf method though. I hated all that picture study and such. We just have fun and learn through experimenting and modeling.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Oh boy you guys are gonna love this one.....ART!  I hate art!  It's so bad that I have the boys pick 4 mediums and we buy books.  I follow them to the letter!

• bluerooffarm
    July 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

The picture study and all that I can get.  I love to have them write stories about paintings.  And I can get the technical stuff.  It's teaching them how to draw, how to use different brush strokes, etc.  Also I have no confidence in my own art.  I'm the product of a public school art teacher that told me I couldn't draw.

Quoting Boobah:

See, I LOVE art, but have a hard time "teaching it". I'm loving art with the Waldorf method though. I hated all that picture study and such. We just have fun and learn through experimenting and modeling.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    :( I don't know why some people become teachers. Why put a student down and kill their confidence, love and desire to learn?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

The picture study and all that I can get.  I love to have them write stories about paintings.  And I can get the technical stuff.  It's teaching them how to draw, how to use different brush strokes, etc.  Also I have no confidence in my own art.  I'm the product of a public school art teacher that told me I couldn't draw.

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• bluerooffarm
    July 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Most teachers are great, but the ones that are not often are the ones that give "June, July and August" as their reason to be teachers.  But for art and music teachers (just the bad ones) they often want a solid paying job with time to work on their own art.  At least in my experience.

Quoting Boobah:

:( I don't know why some people become teachers. Why put a student down and kill their confidence, love and desire to learn?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    July 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

There are no subjects I hate teaching.  There are two where I need more help.  Art and music because they are not subjects you can just pick up and learn.  I teach my sons those subjects on my own  but when it comes to drawing I use an art teacher which help my children with the mechanics of drawing.  My youngest will be starting piano soon as well.  I am wanting to take piano lessons as well.  This year my son will be taking physics online.  We will be doing it together.  I needed some more in depth physics lessons.  We still do art and music together but I want them to have a deeper understanding of Art and music than i had.  I hated math and science in school but I love it now.  I enjoy learning all the things that I missed in school.  I love coming up with creative ways to learn math and science.

• HippieMomma86
    July 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Math definitely, at least as they get older. And probably high school science, which is a long ways away.

• coala
    by coala
    July 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Bible class.  I am not well versed in this and I am learning right along side my kids.  Isn't that what this is about?  LOL I learn it so that I can teach it.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN