Homeschooling Moms

TJandKarasMom
Daily Grammar...
July 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I LOVE this website: Daily Grammar

There are lessons for every day, so many of them- 440 lessons and 88 quizzes (1 after each 5 lessons).  And it's all free!  I was wondering if anyone else has ever used it?  And if you did, how many lessons did you do each day? 

I am planning to use it with my kids, and I wonder how I'm going to do it.  DS catches on more quickly than DD to this kind of stuff, he probably already knows a lot of it.  I was going to do this part of their "language arts" together, but I'm not sure that will work for him.  It will probably only take us 10-15 min a day no matter what and I don't think a review would hurt him at all.  But I also want to make sure DD is getting it and not just saying she is (which will be pretty evident since I will be having them do most of it on their own and I will check it).

Do you think I could just keep them together on this?  DS is going into 6th grade and DD into 5th, he is ahead and she is a bit behind.  So although they are only 11 months apart, academically they are closer to 2 years apart on average (much more in math...but that's a whole different post)!

Replies

• chucks_mama
    July 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
    BUMP for you!
  • Bluecalm
    July 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    I don't think I'd keep them together since he's ahead of her and in a higher level.
  • NANA9259
    July 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    This is a great site. I think I would keep them apart on lessons.
  • Earth_angel2341
    July 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Thank you

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    July 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM

thanks for sharing the website. My opinion is, as my DH stated, we are homeschooling to allow for their advancement, not to keep one behind to make the other feel better. So my advice is not to limit your DS by keeping him at same level with DD.

Homeschooling Moms