Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Beniegenie
Mixing 1990's Abeka with Current workbooks
July 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Hi I'm a new HS mom. We just finished up the first year with brand new Abeka K-5 curriculum. I am trying to save money this time and buy used. I thought since I was more familiar with the curriculum that I could do this this year. However I went on EBay and got excited when I saw a full first grade set of Abeka for $40+SH with only 30 min left on it. So I purchased it with no questions asked. Recieved it and was disappointed that it was a set from 1995. It includes workbooks but is missing the first 30 lessons. Has anyone used books this old with the current workbooks before or have I just wasted $50 on books I can't use?

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I'm not sure but here is a bump!

• Beniegenie
    July 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    LOL! I'm new to the site, not sure what a bump means ;)
  • mem82
    by mem82
    July 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Welcome! It's just a way to keep your post at the top of the page where people will see it. 8)

Quoting Beniegenie:

LOL! I'm new to the site, not sure what a bump means ;)

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    July 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

It may be doable. You have the answer keys and teacher guides, correct? Maybe you could just make your own worksheets from that information? I don't know for sure. How many subjects is it?

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    If the guide has a thumbnail of the worksheet (a small picture with answers) you could just recreate the worksheet, but more simply. Or make your own for those few lessons. Maybe if you go on their website Abeka may have additional printable worksheets you can use. I know math u see does, and that is what we used instead of their workbooks.
  • Countess79
    July 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM

That's all I have ever used is the older abeka

• Beniegenie
    July 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    Thanks Mem82 ;). As far as making up my own worksheets I don't have the time I have 2 little ones who aren't in school yet. If I can't use the current workbooks with the teacher key I'll probably just resell them and buy new. Thank you all for your opinions tho :)
  • Beniegenie
    July 17, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    Did you use current workbooks with older teacher guides or did you make your own?

Quoting Countess79:

That's all I have ever used is the older abeka

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN