Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mybabiesmyheart
Does anyone else have their kids enrolled in K12?
July 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM
We did half of Kinder with K12 and my dd did well! Were going to be going into first grade in Aug. I'm excited but I'm wondering if their are any other moms using K12 with their little ones and what their experience has been. Especially if your in Louisiana using LAVCA. We were in AZ last year. Thank you!

Replies

• debramommyof4
    July 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM

We are in California.  My oldest did half of kindergarten and all of first.  She decided she doesnt want to do that anymore, but her younger sister has decided to stay with CAVA this year for 1st. 

I like the curriculum (except science, history, art and music), but I am not a fan of the stress it puts on me and them to finish everything.  But She loves CAVA so we stay this year.  We may not do any charter schools we may be on our own.  That is what I am leaning toward.

• mybabiesmyheart
    July 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    I keep hearing that it would be so much better do get away from the public home schooling but I don't know how and I would be afraid to mess it up.
  • bluerooffarm
    July 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I had my oldest 2 boys in k12.  My middle did half of kinder.  My oldest did half of first and then half of 2nd.  Then we pulled them and are homeschooling on our own now.  Many people leave after a while.  It's great for those starting out, but many decide they could do it with less hassle if they just do it themselves.

• romacox
    by romacox
    July 12, 2013 at 7:13 AM

A lot depends on your decision for choosing to home educate, and if you liked the education your child received in the Public Schools.   If I may ask:  where you satisfied with the education your child received in P.S., and are you OK with Common Core?

• Bluecalm
    July 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    What part of Louisiana are you in? There are good public school districts depending on where you live. I don't know if you're familiar with common core, but you can look up the grade level expectations for first grade so you know what is expected. My son did K in public school in Louisiana last year. His curriculum was like first grade used to be. I'm hsing this year, but I chose the nonaccredited private school option which will give me a lot of flexibility.
  • debramommyof4
    July 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I was too but next year I think we are going to jump.

Just keep researching. You will get more comfortable. Plus you can try it over the summer.

Quoting mybabiesmyheart:

I keep hearing that it would be so much better do get away from the public home schooling but I don't know how and I would be afraid to mess it up.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts