Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
hwblyf
First Day!
by hwblyf
July 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I decided to do a trial run to show my kids who are wanting to homeschool what it would be like.  We had a good day.  I'm feeling more confident, and I think I'll end up with all of my kids at home for this year.

Replies

• coala
    by coala
    July 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I hope you have fun!!!

• swim-mom72
    July 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

way to go

First of all, your kids are all beautiful!! And so are your sunflowers : )

Secondly, my kids were older when we did the ivory soap experiment, but they got a big kick out of it!! What did your kids think?

And lastly, you can totally do this!!! Just hang in there. In a couple months you and your kids will be so happy to realize what a great decision this was.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Thank you!  I don't think it would be summer at our house without our sunflower hideaway.

My oldest read the Ivory package before I opened it up and read that it floated, so we had to start our experiment time finding out if that was really true.  And then I had to send them to find a different bar soap in the house to see if it would float (Irish Springs, so it sank).  The kids were so excited by the experiment, they really loved seeing it.  I need to spend more time with the older kids to go over why it did that and would the Irish Springs have done the same.

I'm a waffler.  I went out with a mom who convinced me to send my kids to a charter where she was sending her kids, and now I'm second guessing my homeschooling thing again.  Waffle, waffle, waffle....

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

Secondly, my kids were older when we did the ivory soap experiment, but they got a big kick out of it!! What did your kids think?

And lastly, you can totally do this!!! Just hang in there. In a couple months you and your kids will be so happy to realize what a great decision this was.

• swim-mom72
    July 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Are you a "waffler" by nature? Or is this something that is inclusive to your new venture of homeschooling??

Quoting hwblyf:

Thank you!  I don't think it would be summer at our house without our sunflower hideaway.

My oldest read the Ivory package before I opened it up and read that it floated, so we had to start our experiment time finding out if that was really true.  And then I had to send them to find a different bar soap in the house to see if it would float (Irish Springs, so it sank).  The kids were so excited by the experiment, they really loved seeing it.  I need to spend more time with the older kids to go over why it did that and would the Irish Springs have done the same.

I'm a waffler.  I went out with a mom who convinced me to send my kids to a charter where she was sending her kids, and now I'm second guessing my homeschooling thing again.  Waffle, waffle, waffle....

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

• Precious333
    July 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    Yay!!!!
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I think I'm a waffler in particular where it concerns my oldest.  I still don't know what's right for him, though we've found many things that are wrong for him.  And then, do I want to bring the other kids along on this adventure, only to have that be so completely wrong for them and have it disturb my oldest?  Yeah, I'm a waffler.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Are you a "waffler" by nature? Or is this something that is inclusive to your new venture of homeschooling??

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

they look happy hwbly!!!!!! glad it was a good day! how old are the kids? look at those beautiful sunflowers!!! greaat pictures

what are you using to homeschool with?

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM

They're 10, almost 9, 7, 6, 4.

I'm assembling a hodge podge of things.  Life of Fred and some worksheets and games for math, literature, BOB books, handwriting worksheets, tons of library books, and a mess of science I find here there and everywhere.

Quoting oredeb:

they look happy hwbly!!!!!! glad it was a good day! how old are the kids? look at those beautiful sunflowers!!! greaat pictures

what are you using to homeschool with?

• kirbymom
    July 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    I will second this! So glad you and your family enjoyed your trial rub. Yay!!! :)

Quoting swim-mom72:

way to go

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN