Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
swim-mom72
Oak Meadow for highschool?
July 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I know there are a couple of you that have tried Oak Meadow for the younger ages. I am curious if any one has tried any of their highschool materials?

My soon to be 11th grader is interested in their U.S. history. He has been using Mystery of History for the past 2 years. He loved it and wants something similar. Since MOH is not due to put the volume 4 stuff out until 2014, we are searching elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• swim-mom72
    July 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Really? No one? Ugh....that is not a good sign : /

• ck3
    by ck3
    July 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I am planning on using their world history for my 10th grader next year so I'm following... Hopefully someone will respond.

• swim-mom72
    July 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Is it coming in the mail or do you have it yet? If you have it, have you had a chance to look it over?

Quoting ck3:

I am planning on using their world history for my 10th grader next year so I'm following... Hopefully someone will respond.

• ck3
    by ck3
    July 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I don't have the syllabus yet... I was able to pick up the textbook used on amazon. I like the way the sample was set up for scheduling. I'm still not sure if I need to call about the teacher guide or not. 

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    I've heard it is great for HS, but no experience. If we continue our path, I expect to use it from 8/9th grade on.
  • Pukalani79
    July 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I'm using it for my elementary kids, but I'm curious as to what anyone has to say as far as the older grades as well.

• ck3
    by ck3
    July 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I just saw oak meadow US History on ebay.... Book and guide :-)

• swim-mom72
    July 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Thanks for your input ladies!! We decided to go with All American History vol2 because it comes with an activity guide that has forms, maps and review questions. Plus, I felt that the material was covered a bit more in depth than the samples I saw for Oak Meadow.

• swim-mom72
    July 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I suspect, that if we had of been using Oak Meadow from the beginning, then it would be a no brainer to continue on : )  The transition for my very traditional type of learner would have been to rough. He likes things that are a bit more rigid. Not my cuppa, but I do want him to thrive with whatever my choices are for him.

Quoting Boobah:

I've heard it is great for HS, but no experience. If we continue our path, I expect to use it from 8/9th grade on.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN