Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
How often do you visit the library?
July 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM

We are doing the summer reading program this year. Before this our trips to the library were pretty sporadic. It is sad actually because I used to spend a lot of time in the library when I was growing up because I loved to read and would spend hours at a time there.

Anyway, yesterday, the kid wanted to 'explore' after reading group was over. He LOVED it. He wanted to sit at the 'big' tables and read. He kept looking around at all the people. It was so sweet to watch his eyes light up like that. Im thinking we are going to make this a regular outing even after the summer program ends.

Do you and your little people visit the library often? Do they enjoy it? 

Replies

• HippieMomma86
    July 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I take my boys once a week, usually Fridays. They love it. There's no limit on how many books we can have out at a time so they always end up leaving with at least 4-5 each. They also rent movies and educational DVDs that we allow them to get as well.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

oh yea we enjoy the library, we go every week!

• TJandKarasMom
    July 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    We used to go more often, but lately we haven't. Now that dd is in a program there (reading to a dog! How fun! Even though we have a dog at home, lol) we will be going weekly. And we plan to go weekly on Mondays when we start school.
  • KimmieLu
    July 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    My daughter is still too young to really understand the library. (1 1/2)

I don't go as much as I'd like to. I have a long list of books on my phone to look for, I just rarely remember to go when I have the time.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Once a week or every other week depending on the activities they are offering & our schedule.

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 10, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Ours has so few hours that I couldn't take him at all last year.  Since we are home schooling this year I will be able to take him more.  I want to go at least once every two weeks.  If it were closer or the hours less restrictive we would probably go more.

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Us too

Quoting usmom3:

Once a week or every other week depending on the activities they are offering & our schedule.

• AutymsMommy
    July 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM

<----- bad homeschooler.

We never go to the library.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM

That made me laugh.  Thank you!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

<----- bad homeschooler.

We never go to the library.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

We've been going once a week this summer.  We'll keep that up this year, I think.  :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN