Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
sdgd21
Sonlight question
by sdgd21
July 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
We will start sonlight this coming up school year, we normally do ambleside online, so we are use to a lot of reading. Any tips or warnings to share for the new year? Is there a good place to buy used?
Thanks
Diana.

Replies

• celticdragon77
    July 10, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Is there a reason why you chose to switch?

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    The later years for Ao
    Are not working for my oldest son,and I need to make sure he's college ready.
    I have friends that use sunlight and their children are absolutely brilliant, and most of them are about ready to go to college. But above all that I have a new baby on the way, and I need better organization.
  • jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Congrats on your baby on the way!

We use Sonlight and have for the last two years.  I love the IG's because I am not the most organized and need that structure.  I would say to just take a little time to prepare.  I didn't last year for DS Kindy and I felt a little behind all year.  But that was my bad.

I know that I was looking at used books I think I googles used Sonlight and then whatever core you are looking for.  Sorry that I can't remember what website it was on but there are a lot of places out there that sell used for Sonlight.

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

thank you :-)

Quoting jwhit8791:

We use Sonlight and have for the last two years.  I love the IG's because I am not the most organized and need that structure.  I would say to just take a little time to prepare.  I didn't last year for DS Kindy and I felt a little behind all year.  But that was my bad.

I know that I was looking at used books I think I googles used Sonlight and then whatever core you are looking for.  Sorry that I can't remember what website it was on but there are a lot of places out there that sell used for Sonlight.

• jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

No problem........we are expecting also and are starting back next week to get a jump on the school year.  Hoping we can get far enough ahead so that when #4 comes we won't fall behind.

I just wish I could remember what that site was.......I will try to see if I can find it again.

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

• jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I think it might have been this one.......although I was thinking it was a little different.  If you have the list of books you are looking for it would help.

http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/default.asp

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Lol I understand we are on number five but I am due when we would be on break any way (thank God).
    Congrats to you too! When are you due?

Quoting jwhit8791:

No problem........we are expecting also and are starting back next week to get a jump on the school year.  Hoping we can get far enough ahead so that when #4 comes we won't fall behind.

I just wish I could remember what that site was.......I will try to see if I can find it again.

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    I'll check it out! Thanks. :-)

Quoting jwhit8791:

I think it might have been this one.......although I was thinking it was a little different.  If you have the list of books you are looking for it would help.

http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/default.asp

• jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Nov. 6th right smack in the middle of the year.  LOL

Quoting sdgd21:

Lol I understand we are on number five but I am due when we would be on break any way (thank God).

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    Haha, I'm dec 3, we usually take off for thanks giving, and if all is well light work for 1/2 of dec. so I might just take dec off for baby, and catch up in the summer.
    Boy or girl?

Quoting jwhit8791:

Nov. 6th right smack in the middle of the year.  LOL

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN