Homeschooling Moms

sdgd21
Sonlight question
by sdgd21
July 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
We will start sonlight this coming up school year, we normally do ambleside online, so we are use to a lot of reading. Any tips or warnings to share for the new year? Is there a good place to buy used?
Thanks
Diana.

Replies

• celticdragon77
    July 10, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Is there a reason why you chose to switch?

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    The later years for Ao
    Are not working for my oldest son,and I need to make sure he's college ready.
    I have friends that use sunlight and their children are absolutely brilliant, and most of them are about ready to go to college. But above all that I have a new baby on the way, and I need better organization.
  • jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Congrats on your baby on the way!

We use Sonlight and have for the last two years.  I love the IG's because I am not the most organized and need that structure.  I would say to just take a little time to prepare.  I didn't last year for DS Kindy and I felt a little behind all year.  But that was my bad.

I know that I was looking at used books I think I googles used Sonlight and then whatever core you are looking for.  Sorry that I can't remember what website it was on but there are a lot of places out there that sell used for Sonlight.

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM

thank you :-)

Quoting jwhit8791:

We use Sonlight and have for the last two years.  I love the IG's because I am not the most organized and need that structure.  I would say to just take a little time to prepare.  I didn't last year for DS Kindy and I felt a little behind all year.  But that was my bad.

I know that I was looking at used books I think I googles used Sonlight and then whatever core you are looking for.  Sorry that I can't remember what website it was on but there are a lot of places out there that sell used for Sonlight.

• jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM

No problem........we are expecting also and are starting back next week to get a jump on the school year.  Hoping we can get far enough ahead so that when #4 comes we won't fall behind.

I just wish I could remember what that site was.......I will try to see if I can find it again.

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

• jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I think it might have been this one.......although I was thinking it was a little different.  If you have the list of books you are looking for it would help.

http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/default.asp

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Lol I understand we are on number five but I am due when we would be on break any way (thank God).
    Congrats to you too! When are you due?

Quoting jwhit8791:

No problem........we are expecting also and are starting back next week to get a jump on the school year.  Hoping we can get far enough ahead so that when #4 comes we won't fall behind.

I just wish I could remember what that site was.......I will try to see if I can find it again.

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    I'll check it out! Thanks. :-)

Quoting jwhit8791:

I think it might have been this one.......although I was thinking it was a little different.  If you have the list of books you are looking for it would help.

http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/default.asp

• jwhit8791
    July 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Nov. 6th right smack in the middle of the year.  LOL

Quoting sdgd21:

Lol I understand we are on number five but I am due when we would be on break any way (thank God).

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    July 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    Haha, I'm dec 3, we usually take off for thanks giving, and if all is well light work for 1/2 of dec. so I might just take dec off for baby, and catch up in the summer.
    Boy or girl?

Quoting jwhit8791:

Nov. 6th right smack in the middle of the year.  LOL

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Quoting sdgd21:

Quoting jwhit8791:

Homeschooling Moms