Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Why Is Homeschooling Important ....
July 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM
To You and or Your family? Is this a life choice? or An answer to a problem?

Replies

• Momof697
    July 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It is a life choice I choose to do it but I also think it answers a few of our problems.   You see my kids would be on the bus 2 hrs a day and at school for 8 hrs. I married my DH because I thought he would be a good dad. How could he be a good dad if they never see him because of his work schedule.  Among other reason/problems.  

• TJandKarasMom
    July 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    A combination I think. There were problems in ps, but nothing we couldn't have overcome, IMO. If I wasn't as into hsing as I am, I think we would have just pushed them through school, and enriched at home. Which is what we've done for 6 years. But I know I can do it better if I have them home all the time. I can encourage and teach them in ways a teacher in a classroom cannot. I plan for it to become a lifestyle. It is a choice, but it wasn't something we had always known we would do since the kids were babies. We always assumed they would go to ps just like we did and that hopefully they would have better experiences. Well they weren't, so there was the problem. I also saw a lot working in the district that I started really thinking about. I also think DH and I have grown up a lot (we were each 19 when we had our children, we each have one, we raise them together) I am 30 now, I have grown up so much in 10 years that I don't just listen to what people say and think its all true or best, I do my own research and form my own opinions. Something I never did as a child, and I want to teach my children to question and research and form their own opinions, I want them to be able to do that before they are 30!
  • kirbymom
    July 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    Quoting Momof697:

It is a life choice I choose to do it but I also think it answers a few of our problems.   You see my kids would be on the bus 2 hrs a day and at school for 8 hrs. I married my DH because I thought he would be a good dad.

How could he be a good dad if they never see him because of his work schedule.  

Among other reason/problems.  

I think your reason of them never seeing their dad because of his work schedule is also one of y reasons for knowing that homeschooling was the right choice for our family.
  • kirbymom
    July 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    I sometimes think that our past as children is a bigger push to homeschooling than we even realize ourselves.
    I know that I wanted a better education for my kids than what I recieved growing up.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

A combination I think. There were problems in ps, but nothing we couldn't have overcome, IMO. If I wasn't as into hsing as I am, I think we would have just pushed them through school, and enriched at home. Which is what we've done for 6 years. But I know I can do it better if I have them home all the time. I can encourage and teach them in ways a teacher in a classroom cannot. I plan for it to become a lifestyle. It is a choice, but it wasn't something we had always known we would do since the kids were babies. We always assumed they would go to ps just like we did and that hopefully they would have better experiences. Well they weren't, so there was the problem. I also saw a lot working in the district that I started really thinking about. I also think DH and I have grown up a lot (we were each 19 when we had our children, we each have one, we raise them together) I am 30 now, I have grown up so much in 10 years that I don't just listen to what people say and think its all true or best, I do my own research and form my own opinions. Something I never did as a child, and I want to teach my children to question and research and form their own opinions, I want them to be able to do that before they are 30!

• debramommyof4
    July 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

It started out as a way to solve a problem.  My 7 year old is not good in a classroom because she gets bored and is advanced.

Now it has made our lifestyle fairly easy going.  We love the freedom to do things when we want to.

• JadeTigr7
    July 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM

It's important to my husband and I to provide as much stability as possible because of the career my husband has chosen to have is not very stable.  My husband is a soldier in the army, and we move every couple of years, and he deploys almost every other year or so.  

We've homeschooled from the start, and will homeschool through high school. 

• Momof697
    July 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

The most important reason was we felt (and still feel) that God wants us to. THem not seeing their dad is a second reason. and there are still more reasons.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Momof697:

It is a life choice I choose to do it but I also think it answers a few of our problems.   You see my kids would be on the bus 2 hrs a day and at school for 8 hrs. I married my DH because I thought he would be a good dad.

How could he be a good dad if they never see him because of his work schedule.  

Among other reason/problems.  

I think your reason of them never seeing their dad because of his work schedule is also one of y reasons for knowing that homeschooling was the right choice for our family.

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM

For us it was a solution to a problem.  DS gets bored easily and then starts acting up in class.  I decided he would do a lot better in an environment where he could be himself and it wouldn't screw up anyone else's learning.  He needs to be challenged and I can do that where the PS could not.

• Bleacheddecay
    July 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

My kids were miserable in the "very good" public schools they were in and begged to home school. Homeschooling made us all happier and get along better as a family. We were better able to do for our individual kids and meet their needs.

• CJsMommy040506
    July 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quoting kmath:

For us it was a solution to a problem.  DS gets bored easily and then starts acting up in class.  I decided he would do a lot better in an environment where he could be himself and it wouldn't screw up anyone else's learning.  He needs to be challenged and I can do that where the PS could not.

This exactly for us. My son is a big disturbance. Towards the end of last school year there was one week his teacher called me every single day because he wasn't listening and always trying to make the other kids laugh. Surprisingly he's always done great academically even though he was being a pain in a classroom.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts