Homeschooling Moms

mem82
Do you let your kids get bored?
by mem82
July 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I love letting my kids get bored. I think it's when they become the most creative. LOL The trick is to keep them from fighting while they get bored enough to 'go do something'. 8)

Replies

• Precious333
    July 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    Yes! I do, rhet can either choose to be bored.or do something about it, sometimes they choose to be bored,.and thats ok.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Yep!
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    It can painful for me though. Lol!
  • KickButtMama
    July 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Lol, all the time! I've even dumped the junk draw in front of them, when they complained of boredom, and told them to build me a robot! Lol

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

oh yea me too mem!!!!

• AJ-47
    by AJ-47
    July 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    They need to get bored sometimes, so they can figure out fun things to do to keep them busy. It's definitely when the creativity comes out most!
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    July 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Yes, when I was bored as a kid it was my most creative moments. My mom called them my bright ideas lol.
  • debramommyof4
    July 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    I do sometimes bit I can't let all of them get bored at once because they will burn the house to the ground. I am only exaggerating by a little. My oldest who is 7 makes huge messes. My 6 year old takes things apart to see how they work. My 3 and 4 year olds scream and cry, but I am working on that. Oh and my 4 year old rips pages out of books.
  • Leissaintexas
    July 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My youngest used to do archealogical digs (in my flowerbeds grrr) with a spoon and a paintbrush when he got bored. We had lots of "rockasaurus teeth". Now, that he's older he ends up working down at dh's shop learning to weld or change oil filters. My dd has become quite the writer through her boredom.

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yeah, being an only child he gets bored a lot.  (Or so he use to tell me)  He has learned that telling me he is bored equals chores, so now he finds creative things to do.  His lego creations are amazing!  He built a whole city one time.  I love to watch his imagination take off.

Homeschooling Moms