Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
celticdragon77
Homemade book question
July 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I was looking at an ebook http://www.pestworld.org/multimedia-center/the-pest-detectives

It inspired me, and I would really like to have stuff onhand for the kids to make their own books. Whether creative writing or based on something they learned about. I think that it will tie in nicely with the notebooking. 

Question is this... where can I buy the materials for this? What would it even be called. I have seen people use those plastic black bindings for kids homemade "books". I would also prefer to buy these in bulk. Oh, AND the paper to go with it (with the holes already in it). 

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    July 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

They sell binding machines, here is one that I think is like what I want.  We had a "comb" binding machine at my work and I hate that style, the papers never stay together.  This one seems better.

• celticdragon77
    July 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

That is really awesome. Thank You!!!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

They sell binding machines, here is one that I think is like what I want.  We had a "comb" binding machine at my work and I hate that style, the papers never stay together.  This one seems better.

• TJandKarasMom
    July 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM

No problem.  I read the reviews and lots of hs moms reviewed it and said it was great for them.  A few said you can only do 5 pages at a time so it can take some time, but it works well.  And one said the bindings are not included, so you will have to order the bindings too.  I added it to my wishlist...maybe I can get one for Christmas ;)

Quoting celticdragon77:

That is really awesome. Thank You!!!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

• kirbymom
    July 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    Are you talking about making an actual book??? Can it be that easy?
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM

staples we get our supplies from, its an office supple store here over in the northwest coast

• SusanTheWriter
    July 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Miller Pads and Paper is owned and operated by a homeschool family and they have really reasonable prices on all kinds of journaling and art supplies.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN