Homeschooling Moms

celticdragon77
Homemade book question
July 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I was looking at an ebook http://www.pestworld.org/multimedia-center/the-pest-detectives

It inspired me, and I would really like to have stuff onhand for the kids to make their own books. Whether creative writing or based on something they learned about. I think that it will tie in nicely with the notebooking. 

Question is this... where can I buy the materials for this? What would it even be called. I have seen people use those plastic black bindings for kids homemade "books". I would also prefer to buy these in bulk. Oh, AND the paper to go with it (with the holes already in it). 

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    July 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

They sell binding machines, here is one that I think is like what I want.  We had a "comb" binding machine at my work and I hate that style, the papers never stay together.  This one seems better.

• celticdragon77
    July 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

That is really awesome. Thank You!!!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

They sell binding machines, here is one that I think is like what I want.  We had a "comb" binding machine at my work and I hate that style, the papers never stay together.  This one seems better.

• TJandKarasMom
    July 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM

No problem.  I read the reviews and lots of hs moms reviewed it and said it was great for them.  A few said you can only do 5 pages at a time so it can take some time, but it works well.  And one said the bindings are not included, so you will have to order the bindings too.  I added it to my wishlist...maybe I can get one for Christmas ;)

Quoting celticdragon77:

That is really awesome. Thank You!!!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

• kirbymom
    July 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    Are you talking about making an actual book??? Can it be that easy?
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM

staples we get our supplies from, its an office supple store here over in the northwest coast

• SusanTheWriter
    July 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Miller Pads and Paper is owned and operated by a homeschool family and they have really reasonable prices on all kinds of journaling and art supplies.

Homeschooling Moms