Featured Posts

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    July 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Not a fan.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    July 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Bad idea. I would never send my chlld to such a college or go myself.  

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    Let's be honest. Art and philosophy majors don't make junk. You do something like that not to make money but because it is a passion. Most people with that degree won't have a job in that field. It's like they will spend four years chasing rainbows and drinking coffee, and then spend 25 years paying for it. I would be more impressed if they were doing it for accounting or a business major. A degree people can build on to build wealth.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    July 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    Ps My best friend is a history major with minor in philosophy. It used to be the other way around until she realized just how little she could do with it. Heck, even the History is almost worthless unless she is going to teach. I added this to show that I have a fairly intimate knowledge of that degree and not just ranting on. Lol
  • suziejax
    July 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM

wow

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM

It's misleading to say that it's tuition free and pay it forward.  There is a cost, and they're taking it from you after graduation.  It's mandatory, so it's not a good will gesture.  I hate loans.  I hate owing things.  I hate having to relinquish a portion of my paycheck.  And what if you're kicking tail?  You pay, not what you got out of the education, but still a percentage of your pay.  I know they're looking at this as a way to get out of crushing student debt, but it's still debt.  And for 24 long years.  I can't even imagine.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

oh yea i heard about that on the news here a couple weeks ago, seems like that money they will take out of the students paycheck when it happens will get used for some other thing than what they say, seems like money has a way of disappearing here!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts