Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
We started today!??
July 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Mobile Photo

Ummm my kids were bored and my oldest asked if he could start math (he knew what the plan was for math), and then my younger wanted to do math too. Since its online they had to take turns, so ds did math and typing while dd did spelling, then dd did math. They had fun, it didn't last as long as "school" will, but I was happy they wanted to do something besides video games. I also did a little eval of dd and I am pretty sure she has dyslexia, which ive been suspecting for a while. So I have to learn some good ways to teach her.

I'm happy they had fun and learned some stuff too today :)

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    July 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Mobile Photo

Here's ds doing some math :)
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Thats great that they are asking to do things!

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM

That is so cool!  Glad they are getting into it already!

• swim-mom72
    July 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Sooooo jealous!! I am ready to start back. But my oldest has a travel swim meet to Florida at the end of this month that has put a kink in my origianl plans. So, we will start the first week in August.

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    July 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

We started our new year on Tuesday. So far the kids LOVE it!

• mommy4lyf
    July 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM

That is cool!

• celticdragon77
    July 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM

That is awesome. We start next Monday =)

• LostTheSlipper
    July 4, 2013 at 3:22 AM

We started this past Monday. We're doing testing this week. Yay. He has off tomorrow of course, but finishes it all up on Friday. Next Monday we're onto work for the new year.

• romacox
    by romacox
    July 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM

They and you are awesomegood

• TJandKarasMom
    July 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    Thank you! I needed to hear that. DH was like "what the heck?" Lol. He's not as excited as we are ;)

We have also been hatching butterflies! I will have to post about that in a couple days when we release them. I got the butterflies at work (I work in a public kindergarten...well I did) we got them too late to do them with the class, so I brought 4 home along with the butterfly journals and out my kids to work..they were still in school when we started so it is kind of half-butted, but they did it and I didn't push for too much.

Quoting romacox:

They and you are awesomegood

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN