Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
101stwife
Calendar year, report cards and lesson plans
July 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I am trying to plan our upcoming year and I would really like to do a year round schedule. I am still doing 180 days of school instruction so I counted up all the week days in each month and went back and took out a week for Thanksgiving (we have family coming in), 2 weeks for Christmas/New Year, 1 week for Easter, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day and each of the kids' birthdays. We are also taking the whole month of July off since that is when Dh gets block leave and we will be visiting family and going to Italy. We are starting this year at the end of August, ending at the end of June and  then starting back in early August.

I still have 15 days to play with and have no idea what to do with them. I figure maybe I could use them for days if the kids are sick or for days when something comes up. And, if we don't use them I can take them off of the end of June? Does this sound like it will work?

Also, I am trying to plan out when I will do grades. This year I really didn't put a lot of emphasis on grades but this year and each year forward I want to have a grade card so that wherever we go if someone wants to see it I have it. I plan to do grades at the end of October, January, April and final grade card in June.

When it comes to lesson plans how do you plan them. Do you do an entire year at a time? That is what I have been doing and it is overwhelming. I am wondering if I should do a few weeks at a time instead. That way I can account for the unexpected days off should we need any.

I am trying to make this as simple as possible but seem to end up giving myself a headache lol. Any helpful advice?

Replies

• mommy4lyf
    July 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Weekly planner here. Sometimes, we go out of town unplanned so we have to be more flexible.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts