Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
Where's the weirdest...
July 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Ok,  I'm one of those moms who always has schoolwork on me...for emergencies..lol...

Where is the weirdest place you've ever schooled? 

We've done some doozies : 

1) Canadian Immigration when I accidentally ended up in Canada when trying to see Niagara Falls

2) courthouse - I had to fight a ticket..lol..

3) side of the road - when we had a breakdown

4) the parkinglot of my dh's work - when a tornado came through - we had just arrived to pick up my hubby. We live in the north east where tornadoes are really rare, but I launched into a lesson on storms to keep the kids calm as we bolted for the basement of dh's work..lol..

what about you?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    July 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I have schooled at the court house also.

Doctors office.

DD's therapy.

In the car.

Pretty much anywhere I may get stuck.  I carry workbooks and stuff with me just incase.

• KickButtMama
    July 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Lol, definitely the doctors, we've been there lots..lol

Quoting debramommyof4:

I have schooled at the court house also.

Doctors office.

DD's therapy.

In the car.

Pretty much anywhere I may get stuck.  I carry workbooks and stuff with me just incase.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

these arent weird really just different- at a old ghost town we found in our area

a logging show

hunting

roof top watching the forest fire around us

in traffic

dentist office-one of the kids had to go to dentist and i didnt have babysitter so had to bring all the kids, what else would we do but our school stuff!

in a grocery store

• Hafsa1
    by Hafsa1
    July 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Just curious as to how you end up in Canada and not know? There are signs everywhere! I'm not bashing, seriously asking because dh did the same thing when he first moved to the area and he wasn't even trying to see the falls. I grew up in buffalo and went to the falls often, and just don't see how it happens.

for me, I've brought work to the doc offices for ds. Sometimes the appointments are really long.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ok,  I'm one of those moms who always has schoolwork on me...for emergencies..lol...

1) Canadian Immigration when I accidentally ended up in Canada when trying to see Niagara Falls

4) the parkinglot of my dh's work - when a tornado came through - we had just arrived to pick up my hubby. We live in the north east where tornadoes are really rare, but I launched into a lesson on storms to keep the kids calm as we bolted for the basement of dh's work..lol..

what about you?

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    Everywhere I have ever been with my kids! It seams like where ever we go & what ever we do a "lesson" happens!
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    July 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    Not sure about in the past but we are taking a train soon so we will be adding a train to the list. I never take anything more than books. My son's favorite textbook is Garfield comic books. LOL.
  • KickButtMama
    July 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Lol, ok we live in CT, but I had taken the kids to visit family in OH. We drove back through upstate NY just to see the falls. Coming from oh, there are 2 exits for the falls. The American and the Canadian. I took the American exit. The traffic was terrible. All along this road there were no real signs, just these little blue square pictures of a waterfall...no arrow or anything. So I took them as a good indicator of direction. After a time in traffic I realized the traffic was so terrible because of a bridge wat the end of the road. But I could see the falls just a bit out of the corner. We got on the bridge (in very slow moving traffic) and could see the falls on our left. Then as we approached the end of the bridge there was a sign, "Welcome to Canada" and I thought, "oops!" Lol. When the guard stopped me I told him I didn't want to enter the country, but it was too late, there was no turn around. So we had to go into immigration for 4 Hours! Then we had to do the same when we got to the American side of the bridge. The bridge was as close as my kids got tot he falls. I gave up..lol.

Quoting Hafsa1:

Just curious as to how you end up in Canada and not know? There are signs everywhere! I'm not bashing, seriously asking because dh did the same thing when he first moved to the area and he wasn't even trying to see the falls. I grew up in buffalo and went to the falls often, and just don't see how it happens.

for me, I've brought work to the doc offices for ds. Sometimes the appointments are really long.

Quoting KickButtMama:

what about you?

• KickButtMama
    July 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Lol, we are the same there!

Quoting usmom3:

Everywhere I have ever been with my kids! It seams like where ever we go & what ever we do a "lesson" happens!

• KickButtMama
    July 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

We are hoping to save up money to take a train to DC, I was shocked by the cost! Lol have fun!

Quoting jen2150:

Not sure about in the past but we are taking a train soon so we will be adding a train to the list. I never take anything more than books. My son's favorite textbook is Garfield comic books. LOL.

• swim-mom72
    July 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

like most of you have said, school can happen ANY where!! : )

other than the places that have already been named, I could add field trips, amusement parks, camping trips, swim meets/practice and sporting events.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN