Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
Where's the weirdest...
July 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Ok,  I'm one of those moms who always has schoolwork on me...for emergencies..lol...

Where is the weirdest place you've ever schooled? 

We've done some doozies : 

1) Canadian Immigration when I accidentally ended up in Canada when trying to see Niagara Falls

2) courthouse - I had to fight a ticket..lol..

3) side of the road - when we had a breakdown

4) the parkinglot of my dh's work - when a tornado came through - we had just arrived to pick up my hubby. We live in the north east where tornadoes are really rare, but I launched into a lesson on storms to keep the kids calm as we bolted for the basement of dh's work..lol..

what about you?

Replies

• JadeTigr7
    July 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Pretty much anywhere, if we have to leave the house the work comes with us.

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    July 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Hairdresser's. My dd regularly takes her books there with us while I get my hair done.

• SuperMommy408
    July 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    We have homeschooled!!

Dr
    Dentist
    Hospital visits
    Broke down on side of the road.
    Church service lol just a little.
    Anywhere and everywhere.
  • KickButtMama
    July 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

That's the same I figured for our DC trip - it will be cheaper than drivi, and I might actually enjoy it rather than being exhausted from driving! Lol

Quoting jen2150:

Thank you.  It is expensive but I figured it was cheaper than driving since I am going all the way out to MT.  At the very least it won't cost any more.  I also don't have to drive so that is a big plus.  

Quoting KickButtMama:

We are hoping to save up money to take a train to DC, I was shocked by the cost! Lol have fun!

Quoting jen2150:

Not sure about in the past but we are taking a train soon so we will be adding a train to the list. I never take anything more than books. My son's favorite textbook is Garfield comic books. LOL.

• arwalters
    July 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Dr office
    Emergency room
    Coffee shop
  • KickButtMama
    July 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Ahhh our home away from home....the local coffee shop! Lol we've often taken the laptops and set up shop there (it's soooo much cooler than our house, even w/ air conditioning)

Quoting arwalters:

Dr office
    Emergency room
    Coffee shop

• arwalters
    July 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    yep lol, his favorite place to go! He usually insists on sitting outside but right now I refuse

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ahhh our home away from home....the local coffee shop! Lol we've often taken the laptops and set up shop there (it's soooo much cooler than our house, even w/ air conditioning)

Quoting arwalters:

Dr office

Emergency room

Coffee shop

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email