Homeschooling Moms

FootballFan12
Anyone making yummy treats for the 4th?
July 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I was in another group and one of the moms was talking about all the yummy treats she is making for her 4th of July BBQ and I have to admit, I was stealing a couple ideas from her..lol

Is anyone else making any kind of treats for the 4th? What are you cooking? 

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    I thought I might do a little.
  • FootballFan12
    July 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Marinated artichokes sound amazing

Marinated Artichokes on the grill sound good... I know we're going to grill, but outside that I don't think we have anything special (food wise) planned.  We're actually spending most of the day preparing for the camping trip we'll be going on, so I doubt we'll do anything huge or big.

• FootballFan12
    July 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I love zuchini

I am stealing her fruit salad idea. Sounds so simple but I didnt even think to make one on my own, and she is making an angel food cake with strawberry drizzle. I am definitely going to do this one and maybe add a chocolate drizzle to the top as well.

Quoting oredeb:

the zuchini is growing good so a zuchini cake for one thing

what ideas are you stealing??

• CJsMommy040506
    July 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM

My inlaws are doing the cooking but I made a trifle with white chocolate pudding, angel food cake, strawberries, and blueberres.

• Momof697
    July 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I think I am goiing to make stir fry (I know not very american) but my DDs are putting banana bars in the oven now. We will also have watermelon and cantaloupe.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Nope

• Bluecalm
    July 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    I'd like that recipe!

Quoting BramblePatch:

The kids are in an ice skating show this year so no party here. Just food at the street faire after the parade. I usually make bbq beef sandwiches (I have a killer crockpot recipe!), a vinaigrette based potato salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob, and baked beans :-)

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    July 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

We had strawberry shortcake...YUM!

Homeschooling Moms