Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
swim-mom72
Any "unconventional" homeschoolers out there??
July 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Do any of you do things a little out of the norm? Maybe you would even call yourself "unconventional?" I am wondering if any of you have success with schooling at night or later in the day, or maybe you have no textbooks or workbooks and do ALL or most of your learning from life or from real books?

I want to hear about what works for you!

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I know there are many women here who do. :)

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    July 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I am not sure if we are unconventional.  I use a little bit of everything.  We use textbooks, workbook, my own lessons, living books.  We are also very child led.  My kids love picking their own spelling words.  I am also working on getting my black belt with my boys.  I love designing  my own creative lessons.  I just finished a class called geography through art.  This summer I am designing a class on creative math.  

• somuchlove4U
    July 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    We used to homeschool at night while trying to stay on hubby's schedule. Then we switched to the afternoon. The afternoon works better for us.
  • celticdragon77
    July 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Homeschooling in of itself is unconvential. 

• swim-mom72
    July 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

If you don't mind me asking. What hours do you school and what ages are your kids?

Quoting somuchlove4U:

We used to homeschool at night while trying to stay on hubby's schedule. Then we switched to the afternoon. The afternoon works better for us.

• swim-mom72
    July 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Funny how things have changed so drastically in less than a 100 years : )

But, Ithink that in another 10 years we will not be able to say homeschooling is unconventional.

Quoting celticdragon77:

Homeschooling in of itself is unconvential. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM

We unschool/ child led learning

• somuchlove4U
    July 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    My daughter is 11 and we school between 2-7. With my husband working second shift it works for us. We have family time in the morning and school in the afternoon.

Quoting swim-mom72:

If you don't mind me asking. What hours do you school and what ages are your kids?

Quoting somuchlove4U:

• swim-mom72
    July 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Awesome! So glad you found something that works. Do you all sleep in or fo you get around early and het chores and errands run before school?

Quoting somuchlove4U:

My daughter is 11 and we school between 2-7. With my husband working second shift it works for us. We have family time in the morning and school in the afternoon.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting somuchlove4U:

• somuchlove4U
    July 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    It depends on the day. If we have errands to run we get up early. If not we don't start our day until 9 or so. We usually do chores throughout the day. Major cleaning I save for the weekends.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Awesome! So glad you found something that works. Do you all sleep in or fo you get around early and het chores and errands run before school?

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting somuchlove4U:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts