Homeschooling Moms

kirbymom
One of THOSE days.....
July 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Ever had one of those days where nothing is going the way it was planned or the way you want it too?

What did you do to handle that?

I have had half my day go like this today. Gah! Thankfully, it seems to have corrected itself. :)

Replies

• swim-mom72
    July 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

hugs

BEEN THERE!!

Honestly, I usually call it quits early. I give the kids instructions on what to do, get dinner sqaured away early (like sandwiches or frozen pizza) and head to the bed or shower as soon as hubby gets home. For me, this is the kind of day that warrents a glass of wine : )

tomorrow is a whole new day, fresh and new, without any mistakes

• kirbymom
    July 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    I love the idea of sandwhiches or pizza. Maybe even a glass of wine. What I would really love is just some peace and quiet and some me time with a good book or movie with my hubby. lol

Quoting swim-mom72:

hugs

BEEN THERE!!

Honestly, I usually call it quits early. I give the kids instructions on what to do, get dinner sqaured away early (like sandwiches or frozen pizza) and head to the bed or shower as soon as hubby gets home. For me, this is the kind of day that warrents a glass of wine : )

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I have learned to not have an expectation, that way I am pleasantly surprised when things work & not upset or thrown off when they don't.

• kirbymom
    July 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM
    I know this to be true but sometimes I just can't help myself. :)

Quoting usmom3:

I have learned to not have an expectation, that way I am pleasantly surprised when things work & not upset or thrown off when they don't.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I know what you mean! I had some subconscious  expectations that came up last week that I had to deal with before they ruined our great vacation.

Quoting kirbymom:

I know this to be true but sometimes I just can't help myself. :)

Quoting usmom3:

• No_Difference
    July 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM

O that was Sunday.... I have been working on this dress for a friend for over a year now. It NEVER takes me this long to sew this style of dress, but it was a new pattern and it was awful. We're leaving to head home for just under a week on Wed and it HAD to be done so I could be rid of it once and for all, and my sewing machine (which is $10,000 - yes you read that correctly) decides it isn't going to work for me. I turn it on, get everything ready to go, hit the pedal, and it restarts. Everything else just went down hill. Dinner literally fell on the floor when my cyst flaired and I dropped the pan in pain, spilling it on myself. A storm came through postponing stroke mechanics for my daughter. The car decided it wasn't going to cooperate when we put up the back seats to fit everyone who was carpooling with us. The lawn mower decided it wasn't going to start. The power went out for no reason. Our stove finally decided it no longer wanted to work and joine the rest of the kitchen in the broken appliance category (our house is only 3 yrs old too...).  The dog had eaten all the cookies I had made for Sat.'s bake sale on Friday night, and finally hocked them up all over the clean clothes while we were at stroke mechanics (after we got the clear they were actually going to happen) so I had to do laundry all over again.

I honestly went to bed and cried a little out of exhaustion and frustration. Then got up at quarter to 5, got my work out in, and started the day all over like nothing happened and got a ton of stuff done. Now to finish cleaning the rest of the house and packing so we can leave Wed at 6 am! (and I got the dress done today :)!!)

• kirbymom
    July 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    Oh I soooo feel your pain. Well, except for the $10,000 machine that is. lol

Quoting No_Difference:

O that was Sunday.... I have been working on this dress for a friend for over a year now. It NEVER takes me this long to sew this style of dress, but it was a new pattern and it was awful. We're leaving to head home for just under a week on Wed and it HAD to be done so I could be rid of it once and for all, and my sewing machine (which is $10,000 - yes you read that correctly) decides it isn't going to work for me. I turn it on, get everything ready to go, hit the pedal, and it restarts. Everything else just went down hill. Dinner literally fell on the floor when my cyst flaired and I dropped the pan in pain, spilling it on myself. A storm came through postponing stroke mechanics for my daughter. The car decided it wasn't going to cooperate when we put up the back seats to fit everyone who was carpooling with us. The lawn mower decided it wasn't going to start. The power went out for no reason. Our stove finally decided it no longer wanted to work and joine the rest of the kitchen in the broken appliance category (our house is only 3 yrs old too...).  The dog had eaten all the cookies I had made for Sat.'s bake sale on Friday night, and finally hocked them up all over the clean clothes while we were at stroke mechanics (after we got the clear they were actually going to happen) so I had to do laundry all over again. I honestly went to bed and cried a little out of exhaustion and frustration. Then got up at quarter to 5, got my work out in, and started the day all over like nothing happened and got a ton of stuff done. Now to finish cleaning the rest of the house and packing so we can leave Wed at 6 am! (and I got the dress done today :)!!)

• No_Difference
    July 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM

The dumb thing...We took it in today to try and get it fixed. First they tell us the repair guys are gone, but they turned it on to see if it would work for them...and whatta ya know! It did. I was so mad and happy all at the same time lol. It made me feel like I totally lost my mind tho. I finished the dress at the shop in case it started acting up again though. So it's done and I'm have a bonfire with that awful pattern as the starter tonight lol.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh I soooo feel your pain. Well, except for the $10,000 machine that is. lol

Quoting No_Difference:

O that was Sunday.... I have been working on this dress for a friend for over a year now. It NEVER takes me this long to sew this style of dress, but it was a new pattern and it was awful. We're leaving to head home for just under a week on Wed and it HAD to be done so I could be rid of it once and for all, and my sewing machine (which is $10,000 - yes you read that correctly) decides it isn't going to work for me. I turn it on, get everything ready to go, hit the pedal, and it restarts. Everything else just went down hill. Dinner literally fell on the floor when my cyst flaired and I dropped the pan in pain, spilling it on myself. A storm came through postponing stroke mechanics for my daughter. The car decided it wasn't going to cooperate when we put up the back seats to fit everyone who was carpooling with us. The lawn mower decided it wasn't going to start. The power went out for no reason. Our stove finally decided it no longer wanted to work and joine the rest of the kitchen in the broken appliance category (our house is only 3 yrs old too...).  The dog had eaten all the cookies I had made for Sat.'s bake sale on Friday night, and finally hocked them up all over the clean clothes while we were at stroke mechanics (after we got the clear they were actually going to happen) so I had to do laundry all over again. I honestly went to bed and cried a little out of exhaustion and frustration. Then got up at quarter to 5, got my work out in, and started the day all over like nothing happened and got a ton of stuff done. Now to finish cleaning the rest of the house and packing so we can leave Wed at 6 am! (and I got the dress done today :)!!)

• kirbymom
    July 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Quoting No_Difference:

Now that would just drive me nuts!. lol But at least you will get some satisfaction when you roast that pattern. hahaha
  • debramommyof4
    July 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    Minus the drink this is what I do. I sit in the bottom of the tub with a good book sometimes and if hubby is not getting home till after bed I feed the kids and turn on the TV till bed time so they will be calm and quite. Bad mommy I know but hey it keeps me calm and collected.

Quoting swim-mom72:

hugs

BEEN THERE!!

Homeschooling Moms