Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Bluecalm
Chalkboard paint
July 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Has anyone used it? Does it work well? I'm thinking of painting the lower half of one wall with it. The kids love the chalkboard wall at the doctor's office and I thought it would be fun to have at home. Plus maybe LO would stop drawing on the walls. :)

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    My neighbor painted a half wall with magnetic paint, then covered it with chalkboard paint. It was awesome!
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    Oh, my brother painted a huge chalkboard in both his sons rooms, and they look great. I'd suggest using trim to frame it out if it isn't the whole wall, just a rectangle.
  • Bluecalm
    July 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    I didn't even know there was magnetic paint. Great idea. I was going to paint the lower half of the wall.

Quoting Boobah:

Oh, my brother painted a huge chalkboard in both his sons rooms, and they look great. I'd suggest using trim to frame it out if it isn't the whole wall, just a rectangle.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

ive done it and it worked good for us, we trimmed it and used it for years

good idea about the magnetic paint!

• Momof697
    July 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It does work well. I have an chalkboard that we repainted with it. It works great.  Also a tip if you get metallic paint (spray paint) and put that on and then the chalkboard paint it would be a magnetic chalkboard. It needs atleast 2 coats of the metallic to be magnetic so buy accordingly. 

• kmath
    by kmath
    July 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I haven't personally, but a friend has a chalkboard wall and it is awesome!  DS really wants to do that in his room.  I might for his birthday since he is getting a new bed and stuff so I have to re-arrange his room anyway.

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    I actually hate chalk so chalkboard paint is a no go for me. I hate how chalk feels! Yuck
  • wowguildmomma
    July 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We do dry erase inside but we are considering a chalkboard for outside to turn our back porch into a outside classroom

• mommy4lyf
    July 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I would really love that if I am not allergic to chalk =(

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Magnetic paint rocks, but it's not very strong.  Get rare earth magnets to use with it.

Quoting Bluecalm:

I didn't even know there was magnetic paint. Great idea. I was going to paint the lower half of the wall.

Quoting Boobah:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts