Homeschooling Moms

KymberleeAnn
Any children being homeschooled during the summer?
June 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM

What does your summer home schooling curriculum looks like?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    July 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Last year we unschooled all summer and it was good, but we had down time at the exact same time as I was boiling the canner.  This year we are having "lite" structured school in the mornings and unschool (rabbit-holing) in the evening.

• xomrs.chase
    July 9, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    I have a toddler- the learning never ends :)
  • coala
    by coala
    July 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

We are finishing up my youngests curriculum.  She should be finished by the end of next week.  The older one finished about 2 weeks ago.  We are going to take the rest of July and August to rest for the most part.  I will add in some math review and tons of reading.  My oldest is learning to love reading.  She is comprehending better and her accuaracy is blowing me away these days.  It is no longer a sturggle and I don't want to lose that.

We are going to start unit studies in the fall...solar system, animals, some science experiments, the weather, countries, states, etc.  I am really excited about this.  We will start back with our curriculum in January.

• marrionsmommy
    July 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    We do a 1st grade math curriculum over the summer so that we can focus more on late 1st early 2nd next year. He I going into 1st next year but I like to keep him almost a full year ahead. We touch on spelling and hndwriting in the summer as well. We do reading/book reports once a week over the summer (we read everyday during the regular year). We focus also on learning a new physical goal (our version of pe) last year was catching a ball and doing a cartwheel, and this year its learning to swim and dive (accomplished that the first week yay). So we go swimming 2/3 days a week. He also does wrestling twice a week year round so we stay busy.
  • Christy78
    July 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I have Summer bridgeing  5 to 6 grade and 2nd to 3rd for for my 11 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter. plus they have to read for 30 mins the chapter book I pick out for them . Plus working on hand writting both of them have abd handwritting

Homeschooling Moms