Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
swarja
Considering Home Schooling - anyone in the High Desert of CA?
by swarja
June 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Hi I am Jacque and as I posted elsewhere - I had never considered homeschooling...

For 10 years I was a public school teacher and then an adjunct professor.  My mother is a retired Kindergarten teacher and for the past 3 years she and I had been working with my now 5 year old with her Pre K materials....I suppose we never really thought about what might happen if she ends up moving beyond K 1 and 1st grade materials - and yet not even be old enough to start K 1.

And now here we are....starting kindergarten in a school ranked 1 of 10, which means 9 other schools did better.  Having been a teacher I have a pretty good idea what can happen to an advanced kid with a lot of energy, if not nurtured correctly. And I am terrified her passion for learning will be smashed before she has developed the maturity work around this obstacle. 

And yet - I am worried about her getting the socialization and making the friends she needs for age appropriate development.  Which brings me to my final point - if there are home schoolers in the High Desert / Hesperia area please let me know.

blowing kisses

Replies

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN