Homeschooling Moms

kirbymom
Following in our Footsteps.......
June 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Are your kids following in the same footsteps through life that you took? Or have they chosen a different path to travel?

What are the differences?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    June 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM

My kids are to young but I am pretty sure thier lives and foot steps are going a different path. 

I was abused and passed around and went to public school.  My real life as a child was what I found in books.

My kids are homeschooled.  Loved for thier differences.  Encouraged to follow thier dreams.  They are also all very different and wonderful.  They also have very protective parents. 

• kirbymom
    June 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    Oh sweety! I am so sorry that you had to grow up that way. :(

I can relate to having very protective parents for your children. We are the same way.

Quoting debramommyof4:

My kids are to young but I am pretty sure thier lives and foot steps are going a different path. 

I was abused and passed around and went to public school.  My real life as a child was what I found in books.

My kids are homeschooled.  Loved for thier differences.  Encouraged to follow thier dreams.  They are also all very different and wonderful.  They also have very protective parents. 

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM

My eldest son values family and is married with 2 kids--totally like me.

My next son is majoring in a music-related field--my second choice.

My youngest son is following in my footsteps and majoring in engineering.

They all three love math and science--like me. LOL

Gee, what did they get from their dad?

• kirbymom
    June 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    LOL - Did you ever figure out what they got from their dad?

Quoting lucsch:

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yes, he and I are very different, so some of the lopsided tendencies I have, his genetics and influence have "fixed" in them. LOL One of the more tangible things is I have big teeth in a small mouth (lots of crowding, thus braces!). My kids have bigger mouths, so their teeth (3/4 got teeth like mine) actually fit in their mouths. LOLOL They are all way more socialable than me, like their dad (thank God for that!).

Quoting kirbymom:

LOL - Did you ever figure out what they got from their dad?

Quoting lucsch:

• No_Difference
    June 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Ooo that's a hard one right now... Since my oldest just turned 9 I don't really know which way she's going. She seems to be more outgoing with people, but early childhood aspirations seem to be somewhat similiar. Hopefully she won't have the dibilitating shyness I had growing up and will be able to go which ever route she chooses :). As for my little guy..he's 4...I'll be happy to see him live to be 5 at the rate his craziness is taking him lol.

• kirbymom
    June 29, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Quoting lucsch:

LOL - You could be describing me when describing yourself in your post. :))) And my kids take after their dad socially as well. ( Yes! Thank God for that! ) lol
  • debramommyof4
    June 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Growing up like that sucked. But I am pretty well adjusted for the most part.

I might be to over protective but I try so very hard to make sure they have room to spread thier wings.

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh sweety! I am so sorry that you had to grow up that way. :(

I can relate to having very protective parents for your children. We are the same way.

Quoting debramommyof4:

• kirbymom
    June 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    Quoting debramommyof4:

At least you have a handle on your childhood. That also may help you in some aspects of raising your children? I know I find that some of my childhood background has been somewhat of a way to help me with some of my kids'childhood rearing. If that amkes any sense to you?? I hope. :)
  • debramommyof4
    June 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM

It does.  My childhood both helps and hinders the raising of my children but it is a process I am sure other parents go through too.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting debramommyof4:

At least you have a handle on your childhood. That also may help you in some aspects of raising your children? I know I find that some of my childhood background has been somewhat of a way to help me with some of my kids'childhood rearing. If that amkes any sense to you?? I hope. :)

Homeschooling Moms