Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
oredeb
Would you homeschool your children(child) no matter what you had to do?
by oredeb
June 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM

would you hs your child(children) no matter what you had to do?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    June 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Do you mean no matter what hoops the states put up?  Or do you mean if I had to take a job at night and plan on the weekends and teach during my other waking hours just to keep them home?

Both for me are yes for me, but others may have different views I would be interested to hear.

I live in a rather hoop-filled state.  I've learned and gotten better at it, so yes I would keep them home even with heavy state over-sight.

We have started a business, so I have to fit my planning in at odd hours now, plus we homestead, so we are very busy a lot of the time.  But we never even discussed sending them back to PS, so yes again, ps is no longer an option for us.

• debramommyof4
    June 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

My oldest will never go back to public school so my answer is yes.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    Yes I would!
  • Leissaintexas
    June 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Yes, it is that important to me. I would do whatever it took.

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I can't say unequivically yes.  I am worried about how I am going to continue once I am done with school.  The job I have now allows me to HS with no problems, but I will have to get another job once I am done with school because this one won't be enough to pay all my bills then (my parents are helping right now while I am in school).  So if I can find a job that still allows me to HS and can pay the bills, then YES.  I am going to do my very best to continue homeschooling him from now on.  I am a single mom, so it is a little harder, but I know it can be done.

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Good question. I can't answer that--too many variables. LOL I am not keen on breaking the law, but God's law comes first for me. I believe we have the right to raise our children the way we see fit, including choosing  their education.

• TJandKarasMom
    June 27, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I'm not sure.  We are going into our first year and at this point I don't intend to ever send them back, BUT I haven't actually done it yet, so I don't know.  We could all hate homeschooling (which I doubt, but you never know).  Or I could find out I'm just not cut out for it.  I don't know. 

I don't have a big plan beyond the first year, lol.  Though DH and I have said we won't send them back for high school, so if we make it the next 3 years homeschooling, then we will make it the next 7-8 years homeschooling. 

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    June 27, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    I would do everything within reason to keep him home. I see what PS is doing to my niece's and nephews and I don't want that.
  • 101stwife
    June 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM

No. As I said in the welfare post I would do what I could to still home school but if I could not provide food, shelter, medical care and clothes for my kids I would get a job. I am not going to live off of other people so that I can home school. I also am a strong believer in not having more kids than you can handle/pay for.

I have heard many people say that they can't work because their husband couldn't handle their kids. That blows my mind.

We are a family of 6. I am a SAHM and my husband is in the Army. I take online college courses in case my husband ever has to get out of the military or if we ever eventually need the extra income I can get a job that pays well and not have to worry about a minimum wage job. We go out to dinner once a month as a family but otherwise we eat at home. I use coupons when I can but I don't buy many prepackaged foods. I cook from scratch and use organic dairy, fruits and veggies and as much organic meat as I can. I buy clothes on sale and if they are nice I am not opposed to yard sales and thrift stores. We have cable, internet and cell phones. I would give up cable if I needed to because it just isn't that important to me. I would not give up our cell phones or internet because my husband has to have his phone for work and I use the internet for my college.

Right now we have 1 vehicle because we just paid it off and I don't want another car payment.

I don't see any of those things as sacrifices really. However, living within our means allows me to homeschool. If our budget changed and my husband needed help to support our family I would get a job even if it meant our kids had to go to school.

No matter what they learn or don't learn at public school you are still the parent and what you teach them at home and how you parent them is more important.

• kirbymom
    June 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    Yes, I would do whatever it took to homeschool my children. In fact, that is exactly what is happening now. We have made many a sacrifice so that we could do and be the family that we feel is the right family fit for us. I willmake any and all sacrifices so that my children have what I know is outthere for them tobe the best prepared they can be for now and as they continue through their lifetimes.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts