Homeschooling Moms

motheroffour186
Nature Hunt
June 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Have anyone ever did a Nature Hunt?? I am not really the out doors person but I am working on that with my children. Any ideas?? I want to this Friday morning

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    June 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Yeah!!  We love them!

Get creative with the clues is my advice.  Like: Find a leaf naturally shaped like a heart, Find an object (or group of objects) that make the first letter of your name, find something that does not belong (trash).

• Jinx-Troublex3
    June 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    Oh yeah! We did them all the time when the boys were little!

Find as many things as you can with the color----

Evidence of animals....fur, tracks, feathers, scat

Trash trek - put on gloves, give each kid a grocery bag and see who can find the most litter. (Winner gets an extra cookie at lunch!)
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    June 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Oh - nature bingo...make up cards of things you may see...types of birds, animals, plants, trash, etc. Give each kid a card and a crayon.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    June 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

we do nature hunts

how old are the kids?

• motheroffour186
    June 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    I have two 5 years old one 11 year old and one 13 year old and childcare four year old

Quoting oredeb:

we do nature hunts

how old are the kids?

• irvinehiker
    June 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

We don't usually do nature walks around home because we live in town.  We save those for the park where there's more room and fun stuff to find.  We have done scavenger hunts in the neighborhood.  I call a few neighbors ahead of time to get them on board . :)

• motheroffour186
    June 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    That sounds like fun get all my sister-in-laws together and go to the park make a day out it bring food play games and play in the park. Thank you for all your thoughts.

Quoting irvinehiker:

We don't usually do nature walks around home because we live in town.  We save those for the park where there's more room and fun stuff to find.  We have done scavenger hunts in the neighborhood.  I call a few neighbors ahead of time to get them on board . :)

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM

We have, we used a scavenger hunt list I found off of the internet that was nature themed.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    June 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    A leaf hunt is fun too. See how many different leaves you can find and make rubbings of them.

Homeschooling Moms