Homeschooling Moms

kirbymom
What keeps you going?
June 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Do you have just one motivation or do you have several things that keep you going?

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    June 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Finding good things in every day.

Not worrying about the things I can't change.

Relaxing.

Reading

Petting my cat. LOL

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    Just remembering what she went through in public school on the days where I want to put them all on a bus. Lol
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    I have several. My kids remind me everyday while I started homeschooling. Seeing them curious and excited helps me to remember what is important. My karate instructor motivates me to stretch and push myself. I have a lot of local friends that homeschool and when I am able to see them and talk. Talking with other homeschooling moms always makes me feel refreshed. The joy of teaching keeps me going. I love seeing that look of wonder on a child's face.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    June 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Just seeing the smile on my son's face reminds me why I am starting this journey.  Knowing he won't have to go through another crazy year like he did this past year is another.

• Maridel
    by Maridel
    June 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Picturing their future. The reason I started homeschooling is to hopefully give them a better future than they could get from public school. I want my kids to grow up and be who they are, with minimal influence from too many peers with a lack of supervision. Thats not explaining it very well, but its the best I have at midnight

• bluerooffarm
    June 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Hot baths with chamomile/mint tea and a good book.

Knowing what my oldest went through at the local ps and knowing in my heart that I just could not break my kids that way.

• kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    Quoting Maridel:

Picturing their future. The reason I started homeschooling is to hopefully give them a better future than they could get from public school. I want my kids to grow up and be who they are, with minimal influence from too many peers with a lack of supervision. Thats not explaining it very well, but its the best I have at midnight

Well sweety, you did a fine job of explaing yourself. :)
  • kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

Hot baths with chamomile/mint tea and a good book.

Knowing what my oldest went through at the local ps and knowing in my heart that I just could not break my kids that way.

Yeah, hot baths are a great way to get our chi back. :)
  • kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    Quoting kmath:

Just seeing the smile on my son's face reminds me why I am starting this journey.  Knowing he won't have to go through another crazy year like he did this past year is another.

I know what you mean. I love to see them looking happy with themselves from learning. :)
  • SusanTheWriter
    June 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I love actually seeing her learn. I'm constantly amazed at how easily she picks up things that I've never been able to wrap my head around.

I love seeing the lightbulb go off because I was able to take the time to explain something in a way she understands and can apply it.

And on our bad days, I'll admit that fear of seeing her sink under depression, loneliness, stress and isolation again keep me homeschooling.

For me personally? A good book and a glass of wine. :)

Homeschooling Moms