June 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Do you have one? Who is it?

and

Why are they your modern day hero?

Replies

• kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    Quoting jen2150:

Amazing. Simply amazing. Thank you for sharing that story. :) I know it will behelpful to others wh read it too. :)
  • kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    Quoting 101stwife:

I have 2. My husband and my son.

My husband because from the time we were in highschool and had our 1st child, he has worked his behind off to take care of our family. He is the best husband and father I could ever ask for. When we had our youngest son he was diagnosed with cancer. My husband's insurance ran out and finally was laid off. My husband joined the Army so that our family would be taken care of and so that our son would have health insurance. He had always wanted to serve his Country but this was the final thing that tipped me in its favor. He has been to war 3 times. He puts his life on the line not just for our family...but for all of his buddies to the left and right of him too. He is my hero.

My youngest son because at 3 weeks old he was diagnosed with nueroblastoma cancer. He underwent surgeries, chemo therapy, and many many tests and other proceedures but he did it all like a champ. He beat cancers a$$!!! At 12 he is cancer free but still has to go once a year for check ups.

Wow! *sniff*sniff*
  • kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Quoting kmath:

My son.  The kid had to fight to live and only spent 18 hours in the NICU.  The nurses were amazed at how quickly he came off the ventilator and then came out of NICU.  He had his first surgery at 4 months old and bounced back like a champ.  He has overcome every obstacle life has thrown at him and now at 7, he is finally free of the Neurosurgeon and happy and healthy.  Anytime I think about giving up on something, I look at my son.  If he can beat everything life has thrown at him, I can do ___________.

Wow. Overcame alot he did. My oldest had cancer when she was 3. She also overcame it and is now a happy healthy 17 year old. :)

Thank you for sharing your story. :)
  • kirbymom
    June 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Personally...my Dad. He adopted me when I was 10 and has always been my rock. He didn't have to pick me...but I'm blessed every day he did!

Globally..people that stand up for what they believe in, even to the risk of jail time or life threats to make a difference. I wish I had the guts! Watching whale wars not long ago and was in awe. I do little things, they save lives.

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing that little bit of yourself.!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN