Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jen2150
I finally found a writing program I like..please share what you are using.
by jen2150
June 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I was looking at a write source textbook and I was very unimpressed.  It was over 600 pages and only about 30 of them was dedicated to creavitve writing.  It was a 5th grade level.  My oldest is  going into the 6th grade and just recently has been wanting to write more.  I knew I needed something hands on and I also wanted a program were his writing involved more typing.    It was very organized as far as the steps to writing but I knew it would not work for my sons.  They are very hands on.  

I found a prgram called write shop and I really love it.  I am pretty sure my son will love it as well.  It is filled with creative writing and very hands on.  The book I am getting has 10 lessons which include hands on projects and fold and go lapbook style grammar foldables.  The books are filled with helpful teaching tips as well.  I ordered the e-book version.  It involved printing 250 pages for one book and 144 pages for the activity book.  I am also thinking of doing a reading log as well but a little different.  I was thinking of building a giant tower of popsicle sticks with their books they read written on them.  My son love to build so I think this idea will be fun for them.  I am very excited to start very soon..  

i just thought I would share incase someone was looking for a hands on writing program.  Love to hear any other things people are using.

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    June 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Sounds good. I wish I had found it back when we were looking for something.

We used Write With the Best  1 and 2

http://www.diagnosticprescriptive.com/wwtb.html

and Wordsmith and Wordsmith Craftsman

http://www.commonsensepress.com/wordsmth.htm

at the high school levels. They had some good points but I wasn't entirely satisfied with either of the programs. They did work better for my kids than other materials prior to finding these though.

• CJsMommy040506
    June 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    I just ordered Writing With Ease for my upcoming second grader. I've heard of Write Shop too. If this program doesn't work out then I'll try that next.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN