Homeschooling Moms

Britty1987
Anyone use Christian Liberty?
June 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I've already made the 1st month's lesson plans. I want to get as much "regular" school time in before baby girl gets here. What does your schedule look like? Do you do every subject every day? Where do you fit in the Nature Reader? I'm thinking we'll do it after we finish history or science in place of that at the end of the year. I've used a few of the stories in Beautiful Stories for Children in English. We'll be doing 2nd grade this year. After the baby comes we might do math and english every day and then the others like they suggest. Just curious how others were doing it

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    June 24, 2013 at 12:14 PM

hi britty, whens your baby girl  due?

we dont do schooling in summer so not doing anything now! resting!hahaha

but when i do start back up(sept) we do all the school subjects everyday, as for our nature readers, we love to sit and read them together, (my favorite little books) so at the end of our schooling day(after nature studies) we usually gather together and get comfortable and read to each other.

i do like christian liberty books! ive used a few of them on all the kids

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I don't use 100% Christian Liberty, just several of the books. My daughter absolutely loves the Nature Reader series. They don't look all that appealing, but the writing apparently is. We often use them as our yearly nonfiction genre for our reading program, HOD's Drawn in the Heart of Reading.

• Britty1987
    June 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    She is due November 5th. That's right around harvest which is a busy time for us. We usually ride in the combine to get some family time in. Sometimes they work till late and sometimes all night! The women take turns delivering food. I love it but I don't think we'll get a lot of school time in :) I'm planning on starting sometime in August. But we're so excited I'm not sure how long we can wait lol

Quoting oredeb:

hi britty, whens your baby girl  due?

we dont do schooling in summer so not doing anything now! resting!hahaha

but when i do start back up(sept) we do all the school subjects everyday, as for our nature readers, we love to sit and read them together, (my favorite little books) so at the end of our schooling day(after nature studies) we usually gather together and get comfortable and read to each other.

i do like christian liberty books! ive used a few of them on all the kids

• Britty1987
    June 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    What's the reading program like?

Quoting lucsch:

I don't use 100% Christian Liberty, just several of the books. My daughter absolutely loves the Nature Reader series. They don't look all that appealing, but the writing apparently is. We often use them as our yearly nonfiction genre for our reading program, HOD's Drawn in the Heart of Reading.

• Koltie6
    by Koltie6
    June 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    We love the Nature Readers as well.
  • lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Here is a link to the publisher.

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting lucsch:

• Britty1987
    June 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    Thanks!

Quoting lucsch:

Here is a link to the publisher.

Quoting Britty1987:

Quoting lucsch:

Homeschooling Moms