Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
celticdragon77
The places we go...
June 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I came across this image online (pictured below) and I loved the idea... but I wanted to make it more visual. Any creative ideas of how to display where all the kids "travel" through the books they read? At first I thought a push pin map idea, but not every place is real, and many are too specific for a map. Printing images online and maybe a collage on a posterboard is about all I came up with so far. Any other ideas?

Replies

• kirbymom
    June 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    I like the collage on a poster idea. You can get very creative with that ,depending on your child's creativity level'
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    I like the map idea & then a collage for the fictitious places.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    June 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Make passports!  :)

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Maybe print a picture and make a postcard.  Have them write a postcard like they have visited the place in their imagination.  Put the post cards on a large bulletin board.  

Make a game board and have each square depict one of places you have gone.  

Make a table similar to the periodic table and instead of elements use story settings she has visited.  You could arrange them according to how they are similar.

I love the idea of using visuals of books she has read.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    June 24, 2013 at 12:02 PM

they could make their own imagination map,  and put on wall, filling it in with stickers of trees,  homes, flowers, elves, bears, etc or drawing the stuff on it,

they could also use all the books theyve read and write a story including all the books (people, things, events, areas) in the story,  take turns writing paragraphs or? (weve done this ! very creative, and funny!)

• craftyzenmom
    June 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM

A friend of mine found this cool map that has all sorts of imaginary names on it that authors have used in the places of real names.... Here is the link if you can find a way to use it some how http://twentytwowords.com/2012/05/02/world-map-with-place-names-swapped-out-with-their-original-meanings/

when we did the Life of Pi last year my boys used a Nat Geographic map that came with the magazine one month to trace the voyage of Pi throughout his entire story. It was pretty cool to listen to them debate longitude and latitude based upon the books directions etc...

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts