Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
CJsMommy040506
Getting PDFs printed and bound (Confessions of a Homeschooler curriculum)
June 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Has anyone used a store or site to have downloaded PDFs printed? I remember someone saying they had it printed and bound. I don't really want to do it at home and would love to have it as a book if it's not very expensive. We're using Expedition Earth and I'd like to get Road Trip USA but it depends on printing.

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Here's a bump! I have heard of that, too.
  • lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I just 3-hole punch those and put them in binders. If you use cardstock, it makes a really nice notebook. You can get the binders with the clear pockets, like I do, and make them look pretty. I like that if we mess up a page, I can reprint it and substitute it in.

You can buy your own wire or comb binders. Some people do that. There are also methods (online) that allow you to bind the pages with glue or sewing and using colored duct tape for a binding.

Yes, you can get them printed and bound at office stores, but I've not done that.

• celticdragon77
    June 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I thought UPS did? 

Some local places do it. When I was down in Texas, my dads small town had several places like that. I have never seen them anywhere near where I live though. We have main chain stores here. One of the office (Staples, OfficeMax) stores might do it. 

• kirbymom
    June 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

BUMP!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    Staples, office max, office depot all do that I believe. I bought a super simple binder and did it myself. I have a photo tutorial on my blog to show you. We use it to maje books, notebooks, drawing pads, my lesson planner, etc. love love love!
    journeythroughlove.blogspot.com
  • TJandKarasMom
    June 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    Can you post a link to the binder you have? I love how it looks in your blog. We have one at the school I still work in and the binding is so cheap, I hate it! Your bindings look solid and sturdy!

Quoting Boobah:

Staples, office max, office depot all do that I believe. I bought a super simple binder and did it myself. I have a photo tutorial on my blog to show you. We use it to maje books, notebooks, drawing pads, my lesson planner, etc. love love love!

journeythroughlove.blogspot.com

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    This one is mine, I can't recall if I got it off amazon or an office supply store like staples/office depot

http://www.amazon.com/GBC-ProClick-Desktop-Binding-Machine/dp/B00006IAS3
  • tuffymama
    June 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    I used to manage an architecture firm so I got to know our blueprint guys really well. Blueprint shops typically print and bind proposals and student projects, so it isn't out of their realm to print PDFs and bind them to our (usually simple) specifications. The shop I use can even format stuff to PowerPoint because they've had to assist students so often. Because of the friendliness, lower prices, and additional knowledge that local places tend to have, I always recommend trying there first.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN