Homeschooling Moms

julesjerry
One child- easily getting bored - any idea- how to avoid?
June 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I work from home.

My daughter said yesterday, that she wish she could live in an apartment rather than house.

My neighbourhood has small children. My daughter is 5. and she is getting bored.

Idea -- what can i do??

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    Are there any local homeschool groups or co-ops available nearby? Our YMCA has a homeschool swim and gym where the kids come weekly and have an hour of organized gym activities, and an hour of swim lessons/play.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM

dose she like to make things? you could make her a craft kit where you put everything she needs in it to make things like bracelets, decorations for her room, there are all kinds of things like that if she likes to craft.

• julesjerry
    June 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Thank you for your reply. Swimming and gym she love. And also craft work. Since i work from home, i wont able to sit with her to make craft. I am poor organized mom. Learning many things from cafemom. Thanks to u all.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting julesjerry:

Thank you for your reply. Swimming and gym she love. And also craft work. Since i work from home, i wont able to sit with her to make craft. I am poor organized mom. Learning many things from cafemom. Thanks to u all.

If you get her kits for her age & keep them in a box she can get to on her own she should be able to do them her self. My kids make their own crafts all the time with no help from me & have been fdoing it sense they where around her age.

• 22donnas
    June 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Quoting julesjerry:

I work from home.

My daughter said yesterday, that she wish she could live in an apartment rather than house.

My neighbourhood has small children. My daughter is 5. and she is getting bored.

Idea -- what can i do??

• mommy4lyf
    June 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Sorry, I can't relate. My son is autistic and pretty much into drawing and movies. He knows how to switch from one activity to another. 

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I think sometimes kids have too many distractions--computers, toys and TV. It sucks all the creativity out of them. I remember assigning chores whenever my kids complained of boredom. It doesn't happen any more. Gee, I wonder why?

Legos, playdoh, puzzles, crayons and paper are great at inspiring the imagination. Perhaps you could get to know some of the mom in the neighborhood and set up some playdates with their kids, too.

• julesjerry
    June 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM

That is one thing i am struggling with. She wont be alone without me. or do any thing without me or her father.

People are telling me she will grow soon.

Homeschooling Moms