Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MacMamaof5
How often are you not actually NOT at home?
June 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I'm officially starting only my 2/3rd year homeschooling and have asked my husband to make sure we have gas for our gas guzzling 12 passenger van to get out of the house at least twice a month.  Is that too little?  Just wondering how often do you actually get out of the house (besides out in the yard) during your school year? 

family in the van

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I hope to get out at least once a week.  Not sure if that will happen or not.  We plan to go to the park or a 4H meeting or some other field trip once a week.  It might be a little less than that depending on my work schedule.

• bluerooffarm
    June 19, 2013 at 8:13 PM

We go out at least every Friday.  We also go one Wednesday a month to church.  In fall and spring we have soccer (1 practice and 1 game/ week).  Then other random outings.

• AJ-47
    by AJ-47
    June 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Basically the same as you. But even if it was more, there's not a whole lot to do 'round here.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  We also have two monthly clubs.  My kids go to 3 weekly co-ops.  One of them I actually cooridnate and almost the sole teacher.  We also take karate and and have a junior natualist meetings every other week.  I would go crazy if I didn't get out of the house every couple of days.  We are a very social and busy family.  I do make sure we have at least 3 days at home each week.

I would say it really depends on your family and the ages of your children.  I would plan at least a trip each week.  

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    Not often, in winter we rarely leave the house. Lol! we do go to my dads to the garden once a week.
  • No_Difference
    June 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM

We are hoping to get out of the house at least 3 times a week this coming year to avoid horrible cabin fever (and maybe then I won't be so wiped out at the end of every day during swim season in the summer)

• Aleshad01
    June 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    We go to a homeschool playgroup that is every other week and that's usually it.
  • collinsmommy0
    June 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    There's a hs park group that DS will start going to when he turns 3 & it goes up to age 10 (then they meet at a library or do a weekly field trip). In kinder & after, he will also attend classes once a week that's connected to the charter homeschool we are going to attend.

The same group does field trips 1-2 times a month.

So out of the house often, 2-3 times a week for stuff related to homeschooling
  • Bleacheddecay
    June 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM

We were always busy outside the house when we homeschooled. We had to work to cut things out so we could be home more. Each thing we cut though, three things seemed to fill up the space.

• SarahNElijah
    June 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    We are usually out two days a week with homeschooling classes, educational fieldtrips, homeschool group events, etc. We take a class 1-2x a month at the art museum, 1-2 homeschool science classes at our nature center, and then we have a weekly music class and always go to storytime afterward.. My kids are still young though, and it would somewhat depend on what is offered in your area as well! :-)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts