Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BookGirl419
Working from home/choosing a degree
June 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I am a stay at home mom right now, and I have not finished college but I would really like to in the near future, but I have no idea what I would like to get a degree in.
Since I am wanting to homeschool, I would like to get a degree for something that I might be able to do at home.

Do any of you work from home? If so, what do you do? 

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    June 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I do not work from home but here is a bump.

• rachel_2010
    June 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    I am in Canada. I just started Athabasca U from Alberta, it is all correspondence and u can take a few or lots of courses at once.
    I think they allow American students assell
  • SusanTheWriter
    June 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I'm a writer. No particular degree is necessary, just an aptitude, a stubborn willingness to learn, and a hide as tough as a rhino's for all the rejections. :) I do happen to have a degree in Communication, but submitting a novel doesn't require a resume.

• hipmomto3
    June 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I don't work, but my husband works from home. Or, rather, he works from a small building in our backyard. :) He is a User Interface Designer for a software company that is headquartered in another state very far from here, but 30% of their workforce (they employ thousands of people) work remotely. What he does is sort of a cross between graphic/web design and programming. So there's that field - I also know a woman who works from home as a graphic designer in Arizona. (I'm in Indiana)

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    June 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    I have a degree in early childhood, but I work from home running an online retail shop selling Eco friendly baby/kids/mama stuff. No degree necessary, but I have a certificate in accounting, desktop publishing, and majored in business in high school which helps.
  • kirbymom
    June 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Can I borrow some of your aspirations, please? Mine are running a bit thinat the moment. :) :)
  • Rust.n.Gears
    June 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    I'm an artist that works from home. I make yarn. I have my decree but don't use it.
  • motheroffour186
    June 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    I run my own childcare and I sell Avon

Quoting BookGirl419:

I am a stay at home mom right now, and I have not finished college but I would really like to in the near future, but I have no idea what I would like to get a degree in.
    Since I am wanting to homeschool, I would like to get a degree for something that I might be able to do at home.

Do any of you work from home? If so, what do you do? 

• CJsMommy040506
    June 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I'm in the same place too. It's been about 8 years now that I've been a SAHM and have never worked other than part time in a restaurant as a teenager. I took a few college classes before my first was born and just started back last semester. I'm thinking that I'd like to be a nurse. Fall semester I'll have an online class and a class two nights a week. If I do decide on nursing and can get accepted into a program, the kids would have to go to back to school for a couple years so I could go to school. Then we could homeschool and I could work 2-3 days a week. I wish I would've done all this before having kids. I can't think of many careers either. There are different sales, account management, and accounting jobs where people work from home or have flexible hours, but usually you need an established career too. I'm craving success of my own, having the feeling that I haven't accomplished anything in my life. Yet I want to homeschool my kids for their own good and the well being of the family.

• julesjerry
    June 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I work from home as recruiter for IT company. No need particular degree. Bachelor in Business or human resource  helps. But the HR certification course will do without an degree.  If you want to go in this direction reach me i will tell you what i know.

Need sales and talking talent.

I have an MBA.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts