Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Confessions of a Homeschooling mom...
June 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Okay. I confess. There is something about homeschooling that I really hate......I hate when the excitement gets dimmed. Reason being, that I am not doing my job. Then I have to go on a mad self exanimation binge to see where it is that I am lagging in. How about? Do you ha s any confession(s)?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Sometimes we go days with out brushing or combing our hair if we are not leaving the house.

• kirbymom
    June 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    The kids do the same thing. :)

Quoting usmom3:

Sometimes we go days with out brushing or combing our hair if we are not leaving the house.

• bluerooffarm
    June 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Some days I just make everything we do up on the fly!  I'll get behind on my lesson planning and just grab some little science experiments to do and a book to read and make up activities as we go along.

• kirbymom
    June 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    Lol... I must confess. I do that too, on occasion.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Some days I just make everything we do up on the fly!  I'll get behind on my lesson planning and just grab some little science experiments to do and a book to read and make up activities as we go along.

• TJandKarasMom
    June 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I am hating the budget constraints already.  I want to sign my kids up for a co-op class, but we have to pay in advance for the whole year, which will be almost $150 for my two kids, I just don't have it all up front right now and I'm still working right now!  What's going to happen when I'm not working?!  This is the worst part for me so far, we haven't actually started yet so I may have more later ;)

• debramommyof4
    June 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I do this too.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    June 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Sometimes I sleep through science class.  

• coala
    by coala
    June 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Sometimes the day starts late b/c I want a little more sleep.  It is hard being up late working, planning the next day and cleaning.  Sometimes I need the sleep....like today.

• mhaney03
    June 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM

some days we only do math and english because I'm just too tired and don't feel like it.

• Rust.n.Gears
    June 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I have homeschooled through serious pain meds. The kids didn't move along as quickly as normal but they did fine and getting me walking again was more important.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts