Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
Fun post: If you could name your kids after...
June 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I seen this else where and thought it was so fun.

If you could name your kids after any fictional character, who would it be and why?

Replies

• SusanTheWriter
    June 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I would have named DD either Angharad (Robin McKinley fan) or Miranda (Shakespeare). To her everlasting horror, we did pick up a weird middle name for her. Blame it on watching too much Star Trek DS9, but her middle name is Narice.

I don't think I would have gone too crazy with DS's name. I liked Jeremy/Jem from To Kill a Mockingbird, but that's about it. 

Their names are actually Claire and Aaron. :)

• FootballFan12
    June 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I have a friend from Wales whose name is Angharad!

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I would have named DD either Angharad (Robin McKinley fan) or Miranda (Shakespeare). To her everlasting horror, we did pick up a weird middle name for her. Blame it on watching too much Star Trek DS9, but her middle name is Narice.

I don't think I would have gone too crazy with DS's name. I liked Jeremy/Jem from To Kill a Mockingbird, but that's about it. 

Their names are actually Claire and Aaron. :)

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM

After reading the Hunger Games I really like the name Katniss, but my DD was born 5 years before the book came out so it wasn't a contender.

• bluerooffarm
    June 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

My hubby named my oldest Xavier after Professor Xavier (X-men)

And I named my youngest son after Quentin Daniels the self-made engineer from Atlas Shrugged,

My middle son is the only one named after a real life person! LOL

• Cafe MichelleP
    June 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM

A friend of mine named her daughter Mikeala after the character in the transformers movie..lol

I read a book a long time ago and the characters name was Trevelyan. There is just something about that name that I love. 

• TJandKarasMom
    June 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM

My BIL's middle name is Xavier after Professor Xavier :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My hubby named my oldest Xavier after Professor Xavier (X-men)

And I named my youngest son after Quentin Daniels the self-made engineer from Atlas Shrugged,

My middle son is the only one named after a real life person! LOL

• TJandKarasMom
    June 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I'm not done having kids, so maybe I still will name them after fictional characters!  I LOVE the name Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty) and DH and I both share being Greek so we talk about Greek names...BUT DH's biodad (he didn't know him until he was in his 20's...and then found out about the SIX siblings his biodad gave him) has a daughter named Aurora...we never see that family, but I feel like we would be taking the name or she would find out and think we named the baby after her, it would be weird.

DD is convinced she is naming her daughter Hermione, I tried to explain why that's not a great idea, but hopefully she has lots of time to really decide ;)

I also love the name Scarlett (but would be afraid of the stigma that would come with that name!) and I love Charlotte, but my exhusband 'stole' that name and so my DS has a sister named Charlotte so I can't use that name too, lol.

My top girl names (DH has no idea, and we aren't even pregnant or ttc) are Claire, Juliana, and Adeline...I just like to talk about naming babies ;) and I am dying to ttc. (and we already know a boy name, so I don't have any 'top' names unless DHs cousin uses the name we intend to use)

• tokeahontas
    June 17, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Katniss everdean from hg,hermoine from harry porter or ronesme from twilight LOL
  • TJandKarasMom
    June 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I'm sorry that turned into a big rambling post.  I really have baby fever very badly.

• tokeahontas
    June 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    Broomhilda from django unchained syuri from memoirs of a geisha

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts