Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
wingmum
very new ! wondering about states??
by wingmum
June 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

hi everyone! i just posted in the "intros"  this up-comming school year i despretly want to try homeschooling my youngest, who will be going into 5th grade. i Have never hs any of my others, but there wasn't really a need. we lived in a great town w/ a awesome school!! 3 years ago we moved, my other children have adjusted. My youngest just has NOT. she is a very gentel sole, and her grade class is, well really mean. Very hard on her, and i can't go through another yr of her being so sad and looked over. She has begged for me to HS. But honestly I'm not sure of how to start, the laws...and i'v tried finding groups in my area, even around where we live. I can't find 1 that fits us,as they are all religion bassed. ussually I really don't like putting out exactly where i'm from....but @ this point i'll try anything!! Is there any HS moms in MA, or  Souther NH? Anyone here that can help? I would be wicked thankful!! please feel free to send me a measage or i'll check back on here! i don't always get to go on everyday,due to needing new computer~lol  

girl giving flower

Replies

• romacox
    by romacox
    June 15, 2013 at 5:29 AM

As a home school workshop leader, I put together a free web page to answer your questions:

How To Home School

high five

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    June 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

bump!

• Rust.n.Gears
    June 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I am in Western MA which is most likely on the other side of the state from you if you are mentioning NH. I live in Agawam which is right on the CT line and the home of Six Flags New England.

My biggest suggestion is to reach out locally. I did this in my first year. We had only one local group and it was labeled as christian and did not welcome any pagans we found very severely. So I started my own group on meetme or something like that. Goodness I can't remember what site I used in the beginning. I put up advertisements at all the local libraries to meet at a local Panera every week. The first week no one came, the next one mom came, and then another and another. I labeled us as secular and welcoming all homeschoolers. Now we have a group. Sometimes starting new is best. I hope you find others.

• btrflynn
    June 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

hi I am in Ma, essex county.  ( not sure if you are in this area or not) this fall will be my 1st year homeschooling my oldest daughter. She will be 5, so only doing kindergarten. There are a few yahoo groups for the area. I know one is MaNNH, another is Greater Lawrence homeschools. Because we havent officially started homeschooling yet ( and my daughter was in preschool) we havent met up with anyone or really benefitted from the groups yet, but i have seen some great postings about music classes or park days and stuff like that. There is also A.R.K homeschool community. it is based out of Ayer but i think its for anyone. There isnt a meetup.com group yet, but i always keep checking :) hope some of this information is helpful.  

• TJandKarasMom
    June 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Hi!  I live in NH, Manchester area-ish.  You can try NH Relaxed Homeschoolers http://nhrelaxedhs.ning.com/ you have to get an invite so you email the lady in charge of it, it should guide you on the website.  There are a bunch of others too.  Look at the thread on here about HS laws in MA to see about your laws and requirements in MA.

This fall will be our first year too, I have a DD going into 5th as well, and girls are SOOO mean at this age, she hates going to school now because of it.  I also have a DS going into 6th grade, he does fine but is looking forward to being home and learning more of what he wants to learn how he wants to learn it.

In NH we have a homeschool coalition, I just did a bing search and came up with http://mhla.org/ which looks like a lot of good infor for MA residents wanting to HS.  Good luck!  This is a great group for info and support!!

• wingmum
    by wingmum
    June 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    tyvm everyone!! i will have 2 check out the websites, rye is veryu close to us : ) i do like coming on here, great info & help!! over summer i wil be gbetting new computer,so that'll help ~lol
  • Truluv4ever
    June 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    Hi, I am in southern NH. I found wonderful support form the ladies on this website! I am not an expert but if you any questions I would be glad to try and help. Good Luck with your kiddo~
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I hope you can find what you are looking for & welcome to the group!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts