Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
WAY OT! What kind of.............
by usmom3
BJ
June 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Feminine product do you use? I am shopping for cloth pads (but am open to hearing about diva cups & sea sponges too) because the more I read of the damage the disposables do to our bodies the more I don't want them to touch mine or my daughters(when she starts her period that is) bodies. I don't know anyone personally that uses anything different so I come to all of you wise & open minded women that I respect to see what you might know on the subject.

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    June 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    I really never put much thought into feminine products being bad for us! I just use the regular disposable stuff that I'm guessing is all full of chemicals and horrible for us! I will watch your post for more input from the rest of the group!
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I never thought about it ether until information about it started popping up with homeschooling & natural living stuff I was looking at. I have learned that the disposable stuff has chemicals & are made of materials that can cause cancer. I also learned that if you have very heavy flows & sever cramping that it could be the products & whats in them causing some of it.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I really never put much thought into feminine products being bad for us! I just use the regular disposable stuff that I'm guessing is all full of chemicals and horrible for us! I will watch your post for more input from the rest of the group!

• SarahNElijah
    June 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    I use cloth! They are so comfy, and since starting to use them, I never get cramps anymore! :-)
  • Bluecalm
    June 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Interesting how things go full circle. My grandmother told me she used rags.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM

What brand/kind do you use or do you make your own?

Quoting SarahNElijah:

I use cloth! They are so comfy, and since starting to use them, I never get cramps anymore! :-)

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I know I remember the story's My mom told me about the old kind of disposables that had straps that you had to use before they made the sticky backed kind.

Quoting Bluecalm:

• irvinehiker
    June 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I use disposables but the Seventh Generation brand.  They are chlorine free and made with natural cotton.  I like having something more natural on hand especially for my dd.  I've always wanted to try a diva cup, but the price holds me back.  Of course the cost wouldn't be a factor if I knew it would work well.  (for me)

• SarahNElijah
    June 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    I bought them from one of the moms in 'Cuties With Cloth Booties', the cloth diapering group on here, but she no longer sells anything.. (It's been 4 years!!) Some of the other moms in that group sell them though!

Quoting usmom3:

What brand/kind do you use or do you make your own?

Quoting SarahNElijah:

• irvinehiker
    June 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I remember my mom talking about this!  She said it was all the rage when "beltless pads" became  available.  

Quoting usmom3:

I know I remember the story's My mom told me about the old kind of disposables that had straps that you had to use before they made the sticky backed kind.

Quoting Bluecalm:

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting irvinehiker:

I use disposables but the Seventh Generation brand.  They are chlorine free and made with natural cotton.  I like having something more natural on hand especially for my dd.  I've always wanted to try a diva cup, but the price holds me back.  Of course the cost wouldn't be a factor if I knew it would work well.  (for me)

I am leery of the price too. At my Wal-mart they have these things called soft cups that are like them but disposable & you get 14 to a box for under $6. I got a box but have only tried one at the end of my last period so not much experience yet.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts