Homeschooling Moms

usmom3
WAY OT! What kind of.............
by usmom3
BJ
June 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Feminine product do you use? I am shopping for cloth pads (but am open to hearing about diva cups & sea sponges too) because the more I read of the damage the disposables do to our bodies the more I don't want them to touch mine or my daughters(when she starts her period that is) bodies. I don't know anyone personally that uses anything different so I come to all of you wise & open minded women that I respect to see what you might know on the subject.

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM

LOL That's funny. I could see mine saying the same exact thing to me.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mem82:

Lol I can not stand the thought of having to deal with that kind of laundry. I admit I prefer tossing that stuff in the trash. I am a little too private about things like that, though. Half the time hubby doesn't even know unless he tries to make a moooovvveee. Lol

My hubby is like "I don't want to see it or smell it or anything" like I am going to make him deal with it just because I change what I use even though he has no clue half the time that it is that time.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I have never meet a guy that was comfortable with the natural functions of the female body.

Quoting mem82:

LOL That's funny. I could see mine saying the same exact thing to me.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mem82:

Lol I can not stand the thought of having to deal with that kind of laundry. I admit I prefer tossing that stuff in the trash. I am a little too private about things like that, though. Half the time hubby doesn't even know unless he tries to make a moooovvveee. Lol

My hubby is like "I don't want to see it or smell it or anything" like I am going to make him deal with it just because I change what I use even though he has no clue half the time that it is that time.

• kirbymom
    June 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Oh wow. Never thought about it much. Now I will. :)
  • hipmomto3
    June 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I have several friends who love their diva cups (like literally at a play group, it came up, and of 5 moms, I was the only one who did NOT love hers!). I tried it and it was uber-uncomfy for me. That may be because I have a tilted uterus though. IDK. The other ladies have all had kids just like me but they found they fine. I ended up giving mine away to a friend.

I use cloth pads. My favorite ones are flannel back with minky top (and PUL inside of course) - doesn't stick to me AT ALL and is very absorbent. I prefer to use them at home becuase dealing with that mess out and about is kinda gross. When I'm out, I'll use pads, and once in awhile, tampons. I don't really like tampons much but sometimes, you just need one (like swimming).

I'd say I'm about 50% cloth pad, 40% disposable pad, 10% tampon.

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Back when I first started getting periods, they didn't have the big pads with stickybacks--only the mini-pads had them. Yep, I had a period belt for the first year or so. I'll be 50 this year, but I haven't had a period for about 5 years. My 10yo dd has hers already, so I'll be considering alternatives for her. So far, she likes the regular maxipads from Stayfree. She didn't like the marketed-for-teens thinner ones in the cool black box. LOL I think she is an old woman in a child's body.

Here is an interesting read.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quoting lucsch:

Back when I first started getting periods, they didn't have the big pads with stickybacks--only the mini-pads had them. Yep, I had a period belt for the first year or so. I'll be 50 this year, but I haven't had a period for about 5 years. My 10yo dd has hers already, so I'll be considering alternatives for her. So far, she likes the regular maxipads from Stayfree. She didn't like the marketed-for-teens thinner ones in the cool black box. LOL I think she is an old woman in a child's body.

Here is an interesting read.

Something you never think about the history of! Thank you for the link it was educational!

Homeschooling Moms