Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
WAY OT! What kind of.............
by usmom3
BJ
June 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Feminine product do you use? I am shopping for cloth pads (but am open to hearing about diva cups & sea sponges too) because the more I read of the damage the disposables do to our bodies the more I don't want them to touch mine or my daughters(when she starts her period that is) bodies. I don't know anyone personally that uses anything different so I come to all of you wise & open minded women that I respect to see what you might know on the subject.

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM

LOL That's funny. I could see mine saying the same exact thing to me.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mem82:

Lol I can not stand the thought of having to deal with that kind of laundry. I admit I prefer tossing that stuff in the trash. I am a little too private about things like that, though. Half the time hubby doesn't even know unless he tries to make a moooovvveee. Lol

My hubby is like "I don't want to see it or smell it or anything" like I am going to make him deal with it just because I change what I use even though he has no clue half the time that it is that time.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I have never meet a guy that was comfortable with the natural functions of the female body.

Quoting mem82:

LOL That's funny. I could see mine saying the same exact thing to me.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting mem82:

Lol I can not stand the thought of having to deal with that kind of laundry. I admit I prefer tossing that stuff in the trash. I am a little too private about things like that, though. Half the time hubby doesn't even know unless he tries to make a moooovvveee. Lol

My hubby is like "I don't want to see it or smell it or anything" like I am going to make him deal with it just because I change what I use even though he has no clue half the time that it is that time.

• kirbymom
    June 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Oh wow. Never thought about it much. Now I will. :)
  • hipmomto3
    June 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I have several friends who love their diva cups (like literally at a play group, it came up, and of 5 moms, I was the only one who did NOT love hers!). I tried it and it was uber-uncomfy for me. That may be because I have a tilted uterus though. IDK. The other ladies have all had kids just like me but they found they fine. I ended up giving mine away to a friend.

I use cloth pads. My favorite ones are flannel back with minky top (and PUL inside of course) - doesn't stick to me AT ALL and is very absorbent. I prefer to use them at home becuase dealing with that mess out and about is kinda gross. When I'm out, I'll use pads, and once in awhile, tampons. I don't really like tampons much but sometimes, you just need one (like swimming).

I'd say I'm about 50% cloth pad, 40% disposable pad, 10% tampon.

• lucsch
    by lucsch
    June 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Back when I first started getting periods, they didn't have the big pads with stickybacks--only the mini-pads had them. Yep, I had a period belt for the first year or so. I'll be 50 this year, but I haven't had a period for about 5 years. My 10yo dd has hers already, so I'll be considering alternatives for her. So far, she likes the regular maxipads from Stayfree. She didn't like the marketed-for-teens thinner ones in the cool black box. LOL I think she is an old woman in a child's body.

Here is an interesting read.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quoting lucsch:

Back when I first started getting periods, they didn't have the big pads with stickybacks--only the mini-pads had them. Yep, I had a period belt for the first year or so. I'll be 50 this year, but I haven't had a period for about 5 years. My 10yo dd has hers already, so I'll be considering alternatives for her. So far, she likes the regular maxipads from Stayfree. She didn't like the marketed-for-teens thinner ones in the cool black box. LOL I think she is an old woman in a child's body.

Here is an interesting read.

Something you never think about the history of! Thank you for the link it was educational!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts