Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
I am off to make my first lesson plan...
June 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

So I wasn't going to start until July when we are out of school and I am not working (or hopefully working, just a little)...but I am dying to just get started.  So the kids are occupied and I am pulling out the Story of the World and making our Day 1 lesson.  I am sooo excited right now, I had to share with someone!  I am quite the dork, but I can't wait to plan my kids' educations!!

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    June 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Awesome!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Have fun!

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM

LOL, have fun! 

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    June 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Dork...never!!!!! Lol!
  • celticdragon77
    June 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

That is what I officially started today =)

Are you using the activity guide with SOTW?

• TJandKarasMom
    June 14, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    I am using it, that makes it very easy! I am also using allinonehomeschool.com and my sons Complete History of the World book. I got through two lessons (well, I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but I think it could spread out over two weeks) tonight then I got sidetracked and I little confused so I need DH to answer some history questions for me, lol.

My kids are going into 5th and 6th grades, and the books say they are more for 1-4 but I will just adjust the assignments to their level and just use SOTW kind of as a base and work off of it. I'm having so much fun :) lol

Quoting celticdragon77:

• celticdragon77
    June 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I am using History Odyssey, which uses SOTW as one of the main spines. So I bought the SOTW activity book. I also have The Complete History Of The World as one of our resources (along with a few others). I have to mesh these all together into lesson plans. Along with trying to see what there is online. I will have to look into that allinonehomeschool.com

My kids are going into 4th and 5th grade. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I am using it, that makes it very easy! I am also using allinonehomeschool.com and my sons Complete History of the World book. I got through two lessons (well, I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but I think it could spread out over two weeks) tonight then I got sidetracked and I little confused so I need DH to answer some history questions for me, lol.

My kids are going into 5th and 6th grades, and the books say they are more for 1-4 but I will just adjust the assignments to their level and just use SOTW kind of as a base and work off of it. I'm having so much fun :) lol

Quoting celticdragon77:

• romacox
    by romacox
    June 15, 2013 at 5:46 AM

way to go

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    This is what I have been doing too! So fun!
  • Britty1987
    June 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    I'm using Christian Liberty and I've already done the 1st 4 weeks lol. Now I'm going back and adding discussion notes and activities etc. I love it!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN