Homeschooling Moms

TJandKarasMom
I am off to make my first lesson plan...
June 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

So I wasn't going to start until July when we are out of school and I am not working (or hopefully working, just a little)...but I am dying to just get started.  So the kids are occupied and I am pulling out the Story of the World and making our Day 1 lesson.  I am sooo excited right now, I had to share with someone!  I am quite the dork, but I can't wait to plan my kids' educations!!

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    June 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Awesome!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Have fun!

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM

LOL, have fun! 

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    June 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    Dork...never!!!!! Lol!
  • celticdragon77
    June 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

That is what I officially started today =)

Are you using the activity guide with SOTW?

• TJandKarasMom
    June 14, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    I am using it, that makes it very easy! I am also using allinonehomeschool.com and my sons Complete History of the World book. I got through two lessons (well, I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but I think it could spread out over two weeks) tonight then I got sidetracked and I little confused so I need DH to answer some history questions for me, lol.

My kids are going into 5th and 6th grades, and the books say they are more for 1-4 but I will just adjust the assignments to their level and just use SOTW kind of as a base and work off of it. I'm having so much fun :) lol

Quoting celticdragon77:

• celticdragon77
    June 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I am using History Odyssey, which uses SOTW as one of the main spines. So I bought the SOTW activity book. I also have The Complete History Of The World as one of our resources (along with a few others). I have to mesh these all together into lesson plans. Along with trying to see what there is online. I will have to look into that allinonehomeschool.com

My kids are going into 4th and 5th grade. 

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I am using it, that makes it very easy! I am also using allinonehomeschool.com and my sons Complete History of the World book. I got through two lessons (well, I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but I think it could spread out over two weeks) tonight then I got sidetracked and I little confused so I need DH to answer some history questions for me, lol.

My kids are going into 5th and 6th grades, and the books say they are more for 1-4 but I will just adjust the assignments to their level and just use SOTW kind of as a base and work off of it. I'm having so much fun :) lol

Quoting celticdragon77:

• romacox
    by romacox
    June 15, 2013 at 5:46 AM

way to go

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    This is what I have been doing too! So fun!
  • Britty1987
    June 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    I'm using Christian Liberty and I've already done the 1st 4 weeks lol. Now I'm going back and adding discussion notes and activities etc. I love it!

Homeschooling Moms