Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Well, here's my dirty secret
by mem82
June 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I hate the summer because I don't like having to deal with the crowds of public schoolers. LOL I hate not being able to go to COSI without waiting in long lines. I hate going to parks and having to wait for swings to open up. What I hate the most about summer, though, is that all the poor public school kids are so excited to not be in school that they have turned into wild beasts running all over the place. LOL I know by August they will have calmed down but still, can I just not grocery shop in peace, people?

Replies

• Precious333
    June 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Lol 

The luxuries of homeschooling!

• celticdragon77
    June 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Oh, I always liked the summers when I homeschooled. My kids have other kids to play with and run into. Whether in the neighborhood, the parks, or even to see them at the store. We don't go out shopping much during the day - during our school days (mon-thur) - unless we HAVE to. 

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I don't like the crowds in the summer, not just kids, but adults and college students as well.  DS and I go to certain amusement parks and they are ridonkulous over the summer and the beaches are crowded as well.  Tourists every-freaking-where!  LOL, I do like that DS has plenty of kids to play with at all times of the day.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I am right there with you. I hate the crowds & all the extra traffic.

• AJ-47
    by AJ-47
    June 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    This, despite loving that my Son has more interaction opportunities. That is the only good thing about it!

Quoting usmom3:

I am right there with you. I hate the crowds & all the extra traffic.

• Leissaintexas
    June 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Yes, I get spoiled to having parks and museums to ourselves. Frankly, I find the great majority of ps kids to be loud, obnoxious, and ill mannered. Fortunately, here in Texas, it's lake weather from May through most of October, so we do get plenty of lake time to ourselves.

• Bleacheddecay
    June 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Totally agree.

• bluerooffarm
    June 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Yep.  Also we live in the middle of the "wild area" and the middle and high schoolers get turned loose on 4-wheelers!  Argh!  I miss my peace and quiet and letting the kids go play in the orchard.  We've walked in on drinking parties and skinny dippers in the summer too.  Sigh.

• sdgd21
    by sdgd21
    June 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    Lol, I thought was just me.
  • SuperMommy408
    June 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I feel the same way mem82..

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts