Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
celticdragon77
kindle fire vs nook hd
June 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I saw that Amazon and Barnes and Nobles are running a sale for their tablets, for fathers day. I was thinking of getting one. I gave my ipad to my daughter and would prefer a tablet that was more geared towards reading anyways (I prefer my laptop of web activity and do not play games - so I NEVER used my ipad). But I LOVE the idea of buying/renting books on a tablet. 

So which one is better? And this brings me BACK to my whole Amazon vs Barnes and Nobles dilemma. *sigh* 

Do they both offer ebook rentals? Does one have more selection vs the other?

Kindle Fire sale and specs 

Nook hd sale and specs

All of my kids have ipads, but have kindle and nook apps on their ipads. Do you get all the benefits with an app despite whatever table you use?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I don't have a kindle or a nook but I have researched them when I was wanting a new tablet & if I had to pick from those 2 I would go with the Kindle. If you have an Amazon Prime membership you can barrow books for free on a kindle & watch free streaming movies.

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I have been more impressed with the Kindle, even though I don't have either.  I am planning on getting one soon and that is what I am going with. 

• Rust.n.Gears
    June 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    We love our nooks. Keep in mind that the HD came out after the Fire. They did this so they could add all the things that their test group wanted from the Fire that it didn't have. You can try that out in many places. I would suggest that. I went with the Nook because we can get books and magazines from other countries and many sign language options.
  • Rust.n.Gears
    June 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    Also if I need tech support I go to my local Barnes and they help me right away. Once my Nook got soaked and destroyed. They handed me a new one in minutes and I reset it there in minutes.
  • celticdragon77
    June 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Is there a way to see what their ebook selections / pricing is?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

We love our nooks. Keep in mind that the HD came out after the Fire. They did this so they could add all the things that their test group wanted from the Fire that it didn't have. You can try that out in many places. I would suggest that. I went with the Nook because we can get books and magazines from other countries and many sign language options.

• Rust.n.Gears
    June 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    You can find that right on their website but you also purchase through google play so you get many more options.

Quoting celticdragon77:

Is there a way to see what their ebook selections / pricing is?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts