Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Mommynay2
Differences between state law and district law update.
June 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Hi sorry I'm not sure how to do an update on the original post. Well this is what I'm doing, I am sending the letter of intent with the statement of the homeschooling law in Rhode Island, I put in there that I do not want home visits or any testing for Destinay. I also typed the end of the year report. I also said to contact me by writing. I did not give my phone number or email. I have an acquaintance from my group to back me up. If they give me any drama then I will join hslda and get a lawyer. You know this is really annoying, all I want to do is teach my daughter. I don't ask them for anything, I don't borrow books, she doesn't do anything with the school system. I wish they would mind their own business. I Hope this doesn't progress any more then it is going. Thanks for the advice from all.

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    June 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Good luck hon.  Hopefully they won't be asshats about it and you won't have to get legal with them.

• Bleacheddecay
    June 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Good for you. Hopefully that will do it.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    June 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM

If you join HSLDA they will leagaly represent you for all homeschooling related cases. So I would not retain a lawyer unless other things came up that HSLDA won't cover.

• Mommynay2
    June 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    That's what I plan on doing if there's any resistance on their part. I just want to wait and see for now. I just Hope things don't come down to it.

Quoting usmom3:

If you join HSLDA they will leagaly represent you for all homeschooling related cases. So I would not retain a lawyer unless other things came up that HSLDA won't cover.

• Mommynay2
    June 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    I know, this is irritating and Destinay overheard now her anxiety is up again and she's having problems sleeping.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Good for you. Hopefully that will do it.

• Mommynay2
    June 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    The lady that I'm working with in my homeschooling group dealt with other districts like this. She said usually once you say about getting a lawyer, they usually back off.

Quoting kmath:

Good luck hon.  Hopefully they won't be asshats about it and you won't have to get legal with them.

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Good luck!

• Mommynay2
    June 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    Thanks I need it.

Quoting mem82:

Good luck!

• Homeschoolmom10
    June 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Prayers

• celticdragon77
    June 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I am confused. I missed the original post. But good luck!! =)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN