Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BautifuHart9699
Homeschooling support group
May 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Why is it so hard to find a support group? Is it important to be a part of a group?

Replies

• hipmomto3
    May 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM

A homeschooling support group? Or a co-op?

• kmath
    by kmath
    May 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I consider this a support group, and to me it is essential.  Are you talking about a local one?

• polka.dot.
    June 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM

i agree, it is very important to have a support system , i am new to this group but i love to talk to other moms in here ,it is a great start to a support system, or you could start your own . If you go to church, just ask around, talk to childrens services, parenting groups in your local area to find out if they have groups or if you could start one

• mem82
    by mem82
    June 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    June 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM

you asked is it important to be part of a group, depends on what you want to join a group for,

why are you having a problem finding one bautfu?

• mommy4lyf
    June 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    Same here.

Quoting mem82:

I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.

• Countess79
    June 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I see not "importance" aside from getting answers to questions or sharing ideas..

On facebook I know of several!

• Jinx-Troublex3
    June 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    I love my boards , like this one.

I do belong to several FB and yahoo groups that are local to where I live and there are tons of field trips, and park days and activities for those that want face time. I do activities with them randomly. I just set up a field trip to a timber wolf educational center and we had over 100 homeschoolers attend on 3 different days.

We are so busy with sports (karate and gymnastics) and church and Boy Scouts that we don't have a ton of time for the Homeschool groups.
  • kirbymom
    June 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    What type of support are you looking for? Are you looking to talk to someone or looking to identify with someone else and a similar situation or experience?
  • arwalters
    June 1, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    I want to join a local one to make like-minded friends and for socialization for ds

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts