Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BautifuHart9699
Homeschooling support group
May 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Why is it so hard to find a support group? Is it important to be a part of a group?

Replies

• BautifuHart9699
    June 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    I will look into that website right now. :-)

Quoting arwalters:

http://www.home-school.com/groups/PR.html

I found this one for you, looks like there are a few support groups there. Good luck!

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I live in Puerto Rico. It has taken me 4yrs to be able to get to the point where I am now. People don't have info about Homeschooling like that. But I will do the search on google to see if I can find something.

Quoting arwalters:

I've found a couple online and will join one soon I think. Also maybe ask around your neighborhood and church to see if anyone else is homeschooling. Google homeschool in your town, maybe something will come up. If there is a mom's club, more than likely someone in the group hs or knows someone who does. Gl

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

This would be nice too if I could find one

Quoting arwalters:

I want to join a local one to make like-minded friends and for socialization for ds

• BautifuHart9699
    June 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Ok will check it out. Always open in learning about things. :-)

Quoting jen2150:

This may help explain them a little better. http://www.fpea.com/what-is-a-homeschool-co-op/

The one I run is parent run. Parents volunteer and pay a small fee for supplies. We meet at the local library so there are no room costs.

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

What's co op?

Quoting jen2150:

I have great online and local support.  I do not know what I would do without my local support.  I wouldn't say you need it but when I meet with our friends I feel so much better.  I also run my own co-op and I absolutely love giving help to new homeschoolers.  It can be tough finding your way when you first start especially when your kids are older.  I strongly suppest homeschoolers check yahoo for local groups or start your own.  You can decide how much you are involved.  Local advice can be really helpful.  I am also very social and so are my kids.  We have about 3 weekly co-ops and love them all.  

• BautifuHart9699
    June 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    Wow

Quoting sdgd21:

It really is the hardest. My first 6 months I cried daily! Lol hand in there!

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I hope it does get better. I'm SOOOOOOO stressed out.

Quoting mem82:

The first year is always the hardest. 8)

Quoting Pumamama:

love this answer. New at homeschooling, too. And this is so comforting--and true!

Quoting mem82:

What state are you in? You aren't lost. You are at the very beginning. 8) you haven't even taken a step so nothing you have done or not done is wrong.

• BautifuHart9699
    June 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure once I have everything under control I will have enough time. If I choose to do a group I will make sure i'll have help.

Quoting sdgd21:

I understand that. So easy to start. It's just take up a but of time. And as your starting out, you may not have much time. Lol

Quoting BautifuHart9699:

I will once I get the hang of Homeschooling. But I'm just starting myself.

Quoting sdgd21:

Start one :-)

• BautifuHart9699
    June 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. :-)

Quoting hipmomto3:

A homeschooling support group? Or a co-op?

• BautifuHart9699
    June 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    Thank you. I think of this to be a group as well. Take care. :-)

Quoting kmath:

I consider this a support group, and to me it is essential.  Are you talking about a local one?

• BautifuHart9699
    June 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    Thank you for your input it's very appreciated. :-)

Quoting polka.dot.:

i agree, it is very important to have a support system , i am new to this group but i love to talk to other moms in here ,it is a great start to a support system, or you could start your own . If you go to church, just ask around, talk to childrens services, parenting groups in your local area to find out if they have groups or if you could start one

• BautifuHart9699
    June 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    I look forward to your responds. You are very helpful and positive. THANK YOU. :-)

Quoting mem82:

I think it depends on your situation. Online support is really all I need, but that's the way I am. Some people thrive with the face to face.

• BautifuHart9699
    June 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    Thank you for your respond it helps me feel Alot better. :-)

Quoting oredeb:

you asked is it important to be part of a group, depends on what you want to join a group for,

why are you having a problem finding one bautfu?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts