Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Bluecalm
Do you send your kids to camp?
May 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
D is going to VBS in June and probably two weeks at a church camp he went to last summer that is 6 hours a day. I mostly send him so I can spend time alone with little brother.

Replies

• bren_darlene
    May 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Nah,  I never did.  That is just us. We wanted our family to always be together.

• kmath
    by kmath
    May 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

The only camp he is going to is a baseball camp and that is because he has been begging to go for a couple years now and is finally old enough!

• debramommyof4
    May 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

My kids will be going to VBS.  My oldest (7) wants to go to a sleep away camp, but I am terrified and this year we dont have the money but maybe next year.  I dont know.

• Bluecalm
    May 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    I'm feeling a lil guilty over the two week church camp, haven't enrolled him yet. :)

Quoting bren_darlene:

Nah,  I never did.  That is just us. We wanted our family to always be together.

• wunderwifey
    May 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    We send them to a one week sleepover church camp.
  • Pukalani79
    May 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

They will go to a Jr. Master Gardener's day camp for a week, then in August we'll go to a week long Bible camp.  I stay on as a counselor, but they pretty much do their own thing. 

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    May 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    DD(7) is going to a sleep away church camp, both kids are going to VBS, and sports camp.
  • gratefulgal
    May 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

One of ours has three camps this summer, all of them morning only camps (like from 9 to 12) and two of them are 4 days long, one is 5 days long. We use it as a socialization (gasp! :)) helper and just so he can get out and experience different things and kids. We have one car, and my husband uses it for work, so we don't get out as much. This is a nice change, although it's alot of work to get used to new schedules!

• katinahat
    May 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

My daughter is too young right now, but when she gets older, absolutely! We'll definitely send her to camps :) I think that 1) they provide great opportunities to do/learn things that she can't at home and 2) it's important for her to build a sense of independence and self-sufficiency away from us, her family.

• Lynette
    by Lynette
    May 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    No.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts